chainsuck

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by manuel borowski, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. Last sunday, my friend experienced a chainsuck, just when he was taking
    a turn. He fell quite badly on his elbow (docter thought there could be
    a crack).
    There was already a thread on chainsuck, but I missed most of it. So,
    does it (chainsuck) happen due to bad maintenance, bad chain, bad front
    blade...?
    Any pointer to more info is gladly appreciated...

    Thanks,
    M.

    Tags:

    news:[email protected]

    http://www.fagan.co.za/Bikes/Csuck/CHAINSUCK.htm

    --
    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
    The rest I've just wasted.

  3. On 2004-08-17, manuel borowski penned:
    > Last sunday, my friend experienced a chainsuck, just when he was taking a
    > turn. He fell quite badly on his elbow (docter thought there could be a
    > crack). There was already a thread on chainsuck, but I missed most of it.
    > So, does it (chainsuck) happen due to bad maintenance, bad chain, bad front
    > blade...? Any pointer to more info is gladly appreciated...

    If you know there's been a recent thread, you can always go to
    groups.google.com and search within alt.mountain-bike for a particular term --
    in this case, chainsuck.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:51:11 +0200, manuel borowski
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Last sunday, my friend experienced a chainsuck, just when he was taking
    >a turn. He fell quite badly on his elbow (docter thought there could be
    >a crack).
    >There was already a thread on chainsuck, but I missed most of it. So,
    >does it (chainsuck) happen due to bad maintenance, bad chain, bad front
    >blade...?
    >Any pointer to more info is gladly appreciated...
    >
    >Thanks,
    >M.

    It's cause is quite simple....the best remedy is to start riding a SS.

    Peace,
    Bill