Chair of all-party cycling group deselected

Just zis Guy

Guest
My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is mainly the
result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going on for years.

The replacement candidate has two convictions for indecency so is unlikely to win what was until
1997 a Tory seat.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? posted ...

> My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is
> mainly the result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going
> on for years.
>
> The replacement candidate has two convictions for indecency so is unlikely to win what was until
> 1997 a Tory seat.

Bummer ...

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected.

Have you not said in the past that she'd swallowed the BeHIT line without question? If so, then this
should be no bad thing.

Graeme

> My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is
> mainly the result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going
> on for years.

I heard this on the radio. She sounds like a git with no interpersonal skills, who just rubbed
everyone up the wrong way.

W K wrote:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is mainly
> > the result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going on for
> > years.
>
> I heard this on the radio. She sounds like a git with no interpersonal skills, who just rubbed
> everyone up the wrong way.

And the period up until the election while she remains an MP, she will no doubt cause as many
problems as she can.

Meanwhile the liklihood is that the Tories will throw everything at Reading to try and win the seat
back. Expect mud-raking.

John B

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

> My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is
> mainly the result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going
> on for years.

<URL:http://www.janestheone.com/>

Why do politicians like to advertise the fact that they're on the take?

;; 99% of browsers can't run ActiveX controls. Unfortunately ;; 99% of users are using the
1% of browsers that can... [seen on /. 08:04:02]

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:38:03 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected. This is
>mainly the result of factional in-fighting in the local constituency party which has been going
>on for years.
>
>The replacement candidate has two convictions for indecency so is unlikely to win what was until
>1997 a Tory seat.

For some reason, Guy, I thought of you when I heard that news. :)

James

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:52:11 GMT, Graeme
<[email protected]>:

>> My MP, Jane Griffiths, chair of the all-party cycling group, has been deselected.

>Have you not said in the past that she'd swallowed the BeHIT line without question? If so, then
>this should be no bad thing.

Quite the opposite. Martin Salter, the Prince of Darkness in this little piece of pantomime, is a
patron of BeHIT - Jane is a cyclist and knows the real figures, so she is storngly opposed to
compulsion.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:16:58 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>I heard this on the radio. She sounds like a git with no interpersonal skills, who just rubbed
>everyone up the wrong way.

"everyone" in this case being the Salter faction. On the plus side if she does have an argument with
somoene she's capable of insulting them in five languages ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Jane is a cyclist and knows the real figures, so she is storngly opposed to compulsion.

Ah, so she's one of the good guys. Barring the fact that she has pet rats of course, that's just
strange [1]

Graeme

[1] This is where all the URC rat owners crawl out of the woodwork (or should I say hole in the
skirting board)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

> Quite the opposite. Martin Salter, the Prince of Darkness in this little piece of pantomime, is a
> patron of BeHIT - Jane is a cyclist and knows the real figures, so she is storngly opposed to
> compulsion.

Guy, I hope you're getting to work on your local tory or libdem candidate (whichever is least
ghastly) in anticipation of voting for them.

--
Nick Kew

Graeme wrote:

> [1] This is where all the URC rat owners crawl out of the woodwork (or should I say hole in the
> skirting board)

I'm not one of the above, but have met enough pet rats in my time to know it isn't strange at all.
They're smarter than most rodents kept as pets and a more sensible size as a pet. If they go on the
run you have a finite chance of catching them (unlike a mouse or hamster), they can climb up to your
shoulder and sit on it or accept transport in a pullover sleeve, unlike a rabbit, and so on. A lot
of people have issues with the naked tail, but since most folk think squirrels are dead cute and
they're basically rats with good PR it's not *too* hard to get past that.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in news:403B0D7E.90609
@dundee.ac.uk:

> I'm not one of the above, but have met enough pet rats in my time to know it isn't strange at all.

Yeah, I know it's not really. I was just rather surprised to see her advertising it on her web site
given the predictable reaction from a large section of the public.

Graeme

Graeme wrote:

> Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in news:403B0D7E.90609 @dundee.ac.uk:
>

>>I'm not one of the above, but have met enough pet rats in my time to know it isn't strange at all.
>

> Yeah, I know it's not really. I was just rather surprised to see her advertising it on her web
> site given the predictable reaction from a large section of the public.

Rats are the most common pet in the UK, and deservedly so.

James

Graeme wrote:
> Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in news:403B0D7E.90609 @dundee.ac.uk:
>

>>I'm not one of the above, but have met enough pet rats in my time to know it isn't strange at all.
>

> Yeah, I know it's not really. I was just rather surprised to see her advertising it on her web
> site given the predictable reaction from a large section of the public.

They don't scurry when something bigger comes their way Don't pack themselves together and run as
one Don't **** where they're not supposed to Don't take what's not theirs, they don't compare

They don't scam, don't fight Don't oppress an equals given rights Starve the poor so they can be
well fed Line their holes with the dead ones bread

Bad choice of pet for a politician...

Graeme wrote:

> Ah, so she's one of the good guys. Barring the fact that she has pet rats of course, that's just
> strange [1]
>

> Graeme
>
> [1] This is where all the URC rat owners crawl out of the woodwork (or should I say hole in the
> skirting board)

We used to have 11. They were good fun and quite frendly.
--
Mark

After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

> A lot of people have issues with the naked tail

It's like having two pets in one - a hamster and a sloworm!

---

Cardinal Fang <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Graeme wrote:
> > Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in news:403B0D7E.90609 @dundee.ac.uk:
> >

> >>I'm not one of the above, but have met enough pet rats in my time to know it isn't strange
> >>at all.
> >

> > Yeah, I know it's not really. I was just rather surprised to see her advertising it on her web
> > site given the predictable reaction from a large section of the public.
>
> They don't scurry when something bigger comes their way Don't pack themselves together and run as
> one Don't **** where they're not supposed to Don't take what's not theirs, they don't compare
>
> They don't scam, don't fight Don't oppress an equals given rights Starve the poor so they can be
> well fed Line their holes with the dead ones bread

Actually even pet rats do all of the above. This is the real reason why mankind traditionally hates
them; they are very like us, and where people thrive, rats thrive.

> Bad choice of pet for a politician...

Not at all. We used to name ours after politians and their friends...among others: Harriet, Edwina,
Bill, Monica, Hillary, Mo, Glenda, Tessa, Angela, Madeline, Benazir.