Challenge Sierran SL vs HP Velotechnik Speedmachine

In spite of the name, you're not going to see any SpeedMachines at the HPV races. They're more of touring machines: heavy but comfy, due to the suspension. You might see a Sieran at the races. Although I don't think it would be competitive against lowracers, it's at least light enough to be sporty and a good performer for fast club rides. It does suffer from low weight limits, though.

Originally Posted by Bob Ross .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingpedals . It does suffer from low weight limits, though.
Meaning rider weight limits? I.e., I personally have to weigh under N lbs?

Yes, according to the Challenge site, the limit is 230 pounds for rider and luggage combined. Most recumbents have limits of 275 pounds or more.

http://www.challengebikes.com/index.php?language=en&selection=superlights-seiransl-en

Originally Posted by blazingpedals .

In spite of the name, you're not going to see any SpeedMachines at the HPV races. They're more of touring machines: heavy but comfy, due to the suspension. You might see a Sieran at the races. Although I don't think it would be competitive against lowracers, it's at least light enough to be sporty and a good performer for fast club rides. It does suffer from low weight limits, though.

I also think so.

I see we are once again running without moderators to take care of the spammers. The last time the mods went away, the spammers pretty much took over and this place became a ghost town. Maybe it's time to take this bookmark out of my browser. :(