Challenging your Body Type

puma

Jul 23, 2003
Hello all,
Been a while since I last visited. I've been wondering about something for a while now and thought with all the knowledge on this forum, someone/s could educate me. My question is how can a cyclist alter his/her cyclist build. Could Virenque or Rasmussen ever gain the stallion legs of an Ullrich. How? Would it be the training (the gear they pushed), the supplements (horse hormones :D). Because it seems that after a lifetime on a bike, professional cyclists grow into their legs, push their leg buildup potential to their maximums, and those buildup potential differ between the guys. You've got some guys with sticks, and others with massive tree trunks full of buldges and infected with veins. Obviously, those legs carry different crafts and specialized disciplines. But I'ld imagine with the right supplement and training it would be possible, but only to a degree (and wouldn't be very effective or useful in the realm of professional cycling). I mean you take a guy, stick him in the gym, tell him to push huge weights, put him on a diet, and shoot him up with some steroids, and voila, you've got yourself a meat head. But will genetics always dictate how big, lean, and veiny the guy will get, or is that wide open with the specialized training, nutrition, and drugs.

puma said:
I mean you take a guy, stick him in the gym, tell him to push huge weights, put him on a diet, and shoot him up with some steroids, and voila, you've got yourself a meat head. But will genetics always dictate how big, lean, and veiny the guy will get, or is that wide open with the specialized training, nutrition, and drugs.
Genetics will dictate the outcome.

Even amongst us "meathead" bodybuilders we come in different sizes, shapes, symmetry, receptors even with similiar training styles, drugs and diets.

Genetics are what makes us look different and dictate the ability to easily put on lean mass.