Challenging yourself

Well, training is really about challenging yourself to improve, so you really have to push yourself gradually during training in order to be better. However, keep in mind that your health and safety is still the top priority, so know your limits and don't strain yourself too much on each training session, take your time and have enough rest in between.

because you are limited to the capacity of your body in terms of speed and stamina.

I don't quite understand the logic behind this notion. Yes, there is a limit to everyone's strength and stamina, but every time you approach that limit, you're pushing it back a little farther.

Allow me to sort of draw an example of this, but using numbers. Say that your maximum "capacity" is a 10. Now let's say that during your day of training, you were able to reach a constant effort of about 8 or 9, sometimes maxing out at 10. After a day of rest and recovery, the next time you train, your maximum capacity might now be at a 10.5.

This is what training is. Maybe some people are naturally gifted with better stamina than others, but consistently training just outside of your limits is guaranteed to push them to a new level. Trying to exceed your limits all at once is where the danger lies.

I don't quite understand the logic behind this notion. Yes, there is a limit to everyone's strength and stamina, but every time you approach that limit, you're pushing it back a little farther.

Allow me to sort of draw an example of this, but using numbers. Say that your maximum "capacity" is a 10. Now let's say that during your day of training, you were able to reach a constant effort of about 8 or 9, sometimes maxing out at 10. After a day of rest and recovery, the next time you train, your maximum capacity might now be at a 10.5.

This is what training is. Maybe some people are naturally gifted with better stamina than others, but consistently training just outside of your limits is guaranteed to push them to a new level. Trying to exceed your limits all at once is where the danger lies.

Training definitely increases the capacity of your body regarding the strength and stamina. That's the rationale of the progressive resistance training that you do 10 today and you can do 10.5 on the next session and so forth and so on. But I'm sure there is a limit to that increase like that example of number will stop at 15 if that is the maximum strength and stamina that your body can gain from all aspects of training that includes diet and rest.

Well, I had to learn how to increase challenge slowly the bad way. I was training, doing a lot of activities, and I was supposed to challenge myself, and increase the strength week after week, but I decided on my own, to do it day after day, and got an issue on my shoulder. Now, I have to deal with it or have surgery, and honestly I won't go to the Operation Room unless is life threatening, because there's no warranty it will improve as it is right now. So, take the challenge with caution, otherwise you will regret it later.

By constantly challenging yourself in physical activities will result to better endurance but it's always better to do it gradually because it's safer unlike doing it in one go, sometimes the body is not prepared and that may cause some serious injuries.

I made a challenge myself - to go to work on a bicycle, at least a month, when it's warm outside. This allows you to see the city to others, and the body will be only grateful for such a load.

You should be challenging yourself regardless of where you're at, challenge creates growth. agree with you..
That's right, we should beat our own record, we should not stop doing it, we should push our self to the limit, but of course with proper discipline and don't push immediately.

Whether I'm training at the gym, training on a bike, training with some computer software - whatever! - it's always the way that I progress. Either I spend more time doing it (e.g. ride for 5 minutes longer), or do more in the same time (e.g. ride an extra distance in the same time). Challenging yourself is always the best way to train, or else you are just repeating the same things you can already do, over and over.
Yeah. Improving oneself should be a person's goal every time. In exercise, there is a need to increase the intensity of the exercise. It is either you make the time longer doing the same exercise or change to something that is more challenging. Our body gets use to the exercise and we lose its advantage because our body is already used to it.

It's important to challenge yourself if you want to improve. That pretty much goes for anything in life though. I've learnt that if you track your performances and look at them you can progress a lot faster than if you just have a guessed / estimate on how well you're doing.

Enhance Metabolism: Your fat burning capacity is all the reactions that are going on in your whole personal whole body whether they are for creating new stuff or breaking down the ones that are already found in the personal whole body. When the is in outstanding power, these processes occur quicker. As your fat burning capacity is improved, you encounter effective and all the reactions occur at a significant speed in your system.

Hey there! To enhance your metabolism for better fat burning, focus on high-intensity interval training and strength exercises. ‍♀️

Absolutely, I see where that cyclist is coming from. While it's true that we should respect our bodies' limits, progressive resistance training can be a great way to push ourselves and improve our cycling abilities. It's all about finding the right balance and gradually increasing the difficulty at a pace that feels challenging but still manageable for you.

Personally, I've found that progressive resistance training has helped me build endurance and strength over the years. But it's important to remember that everyone's body is different, and what works for one person might not work for another. The key is to listen to your body and adjust your training plan accordingly.

So don't be afraid to challenge yourself, but also be kind to yourself and take rest days when you need them. Keep up the great conversations, and happy cycling! :)