chambers, cheating americans, conte, armstrong, landis

Pretty illuminating report there, shows up just how much **** these guys are taking, and how useless the anti doping programs are.

Good stuff. I was surprised when it came out Marion Jones was using EPO. Probably helps to maintain intensity during training sessions since recovery is an aerobic process, and assists recovery in general.

If you think about it EPO is essentially like the "new" testosterones Conte talks about. Such a short window of detection, as long as you get "free passes" and can "duck and dive" you'd be an idiot to get caught OOC.

Wayne666 said:
Good stuff. I was surprised when it came out Marion Jones was using EPO. Probably helps to maintain intensity during training sessions since recovery is an aerobic process, and assists recovery in general.
Or, it may provide no real benefit at all (though I'm not saying that's the case with sprinters and EPO). The cheaters will take whatever everyone else is taking, unless they're on a carefully monitored program.

Didn't ***** Volet inject riders with placebos when they wanted something and he thought that they'd had enoug?

Good read. Thanks.

Should help a few ignorant athletes get started on a drug cocktail cycle where before they had no idea ... :D

EPO was interesting... but not surprising. I'd be interested to know how much Dwain was paying for all of this. I believe EPO is fairly prohibitive in cost for an amateur... and guys like Victor need to add in their huge cut.

It will never cease to amaze me how some athletes get totally nailed to the wall with regard to being a drug cheat, and how others are simply given free passes...The total arbitrary nature of "legal justice" is incredible...all the while the "chosen ones" get to run around scot-free and others are sent to prison and the like...:mad:

So, do we think that Conte is seriously spilling the beans here and genuinely trying to help the testing authorities... or is he hoping that this sort of info will put the less professional operators out of business and leave more of the doping market for him and other high-end suppliers?

rob of the og said:
So, do we think that Conte is seriously spilling the beans here and genuinely trying to help the testing authorities... or is he hoping that this sort of info will put the less professional operators out of business and leave more of the doping market for him and other high-end suppliers?
Surely the latter as he notified the USADA about their stupid testing schedule way back when he was in the business. He may be trying to clean things up and start a second career now since he's out of business.