Chamois Butt'r -- just for men?

frenchyge

Apr 3, 2005
Ok, this is a little awkward, but my wife recently began riding and has been experiencing the same saddle discomfort that all newbies face. I suggested some Chamois Butt'r and she had some hygiene concerns about its use. Should women avoid using Chamois Butt'r or other similar products? Are there any products that are better suited?

frenchyge said:
Ok, this is a little awkward, but my wife recently began riding and has been experiencing the same saddle discomfort that all newbies face. I suggested some Chamois Butt'r and she had some hygiene concerns about its use. Should women avoid using Chamois Butt'r or other similar products? Are there any products that are better suited?
Last fall I gave some sample pacs to a female doctor who rides with our club. She hadn't used it before, but thought it was a great idea for the longer rides, and expressed no concerns about using the stuff.

dhk said:
Last fall I gave some sample pacs to a female doctor who rides with our club. She hadn't used it before, but thought it was a great idea for the longer rides, and expressed no concerns about using the stuff.

I'm not sure I've used that particular brand -may have had a free sample once, but I do use chamois cream and I've never had any issues with it. It sure makes long rides more comfortable.

Just thought I would chime in. I use it on every ride and it has never caused any problems. I think she'll be more comfortable when she starts using it.

Just thought I would chime in. I use it on every ride and it has never caused any problems. I think she'll be more comfortable when she starts using it.