champ triple rear der

Callistus Valerius

Guest
Hate to burden rbt with all of these questions on campag stuff, but I'm
going through a learning curve here. Now I'm looking at the campag champ
triple rd, which is much cheaper, and more available than the mirage. This
is for a triple 9sp shimano chain setup. Will it work with a mirage 9sp
shifter? They say increased ratio's does that mean you can use a 28
casette? What would a champ compare to in the shimano lineup?

On May 9, 8:53 am, "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hate to burden rbt with all of these questions on campag stuff, but I'm
> going through a learning curve here. Now I'm looking at the campag champ
> triple rd, which is much cheaper, and more available than the mirage. This
> is for a triple 9sp shimano chain setup. Will it work with a mirage 9sp
> shifter? They say increased ratio's does that mean you can use a 28
> casette? What would a champ compare to in the shimano lineup?

It will work with any Campagnolo ERGO shifter ever made w/o
modification. It is just a relabeled Mirage type RD. Longest cage and
you can use a 34t cogset. It essentially allows Campagnolo to reduce
SKUs by making a triple subgroup, that includes the longest cage RD,
where the shorter(mid) cage is still in Mirage, Veloce, Xenon groups.

On May 11, 5:56 am, Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 9, 8:53 am, "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hate to burden rbt with all of these questions on campag stuff, but I'm
> > going through a learning curve here. Now I'm looking at the campag champ
> > triple rd, which is much cheaper, and more available than the mirage. This
> > is for a triple 9sp shimano chain setup. Will it work with a mirage 9sp
> > shifter? They say increased ratio's does that mean you can use a 28
> > casette? What would a champ compare to in the shimano lineup?

> It will work with any Campagnolo ERGO shifter ever made w/o
> modification. It is just a relabeled Mirage type RD.

Plastic knuckes make it a Xenon, no?

On May 11, 10:24 am, Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 11, 5:56 am, Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On May 9, 8:53 am, "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Hate to burden rbt with all of these questions on campag stuff, but I'm
> > > going through a learning curve here. Now I'm looking at the campag champ
> > > triple rd, which is much cheaper, and more available than the mirage. This
> > > is for a triple 9sp shimano chain setup. Will it work with a mirage 9sp
> > > shifter? They say increased ratio's does that mean you can use a 28
> > > casette? What would a champ compare to in the shimano lineup?

> > It will work with any Campagnolo ERGO shifter ever made w/o
> > modification. It is just a relabeled Mirage type RD.

> Plastic knuckes make it a Xenon, no?

Not sure what you mean by knuckles but I've been told Champ isn't
destined for the US anyway(it's 9s BTW)...just Race and Comp..which is
like Centaur and Veloce of 2006.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by knuckles but I've been told Champ isn't
> destined for the US anyway(it's 9s BTW)...just Race and Comp..which is
> like Centaur and Veloce of 2006.

Good information, thanks - but *which* one is like Centaur and *which*
is like Veloce?

Mark J.

On May 12, 6:50 am, Mark <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > Not sure what you mean by knuckles but I've been told Champ isn't
> > destined for the US anyway(it's 9s BTW)...just Race and Comp..which is
> > like Centaur and Veloce of 2006.

> Good information, thanks - but *which* one is like Centaur and *which*
> is like Veloce?
>
> Mark J.

Race is the mid-range one, Comp the higher-end one.

On May 12, 5:46 am, Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 11, 10:24 am, Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > It will work with any Campagnolo ERGO shifter ever made w/o
> > > modification. It is just a relabeled Mirage type RD.

> > Plastic knuckes make it a Xenon, no?

> Not sure what you mean by knuckles

Knuckles = pivot points, for both the parallelogram, and for the
mounting bolt and B-tension pivot. At least, that's what I've always
heard them called.

On 11 May 2007 06:01:01 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I put a Centaur longest cage RD onto a cannondale tourer, with a
>shimano 9s 11-34 and Campag 10s ERGO and shimano 9s chain and it
>worked great..for the gents unsupported tour of Sweden.

I've run my tandem as a compact double with the same gearing that you
are using. It's been 3 years now.