Champions League

Mike Brockhurst

Guest
As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:

1st: Paul Saunders
2nd: Phil Cook
3rd: Peewiglet

367th: Mike Brockhurst!

"Mike Brockhurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
> Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>
> 1st: Paul Saunders
> 2nd: Phil Cook
> 3rd: Peewiglet
>
> 367th: Mike Brockhurst!

apologies : -

It should read:

1st: Paul Saunders
2nd: Paul Rooney
3rd: Phil Cook
4th: Peewiglet

Mike Brockhurst wrote:
> As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
> Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>
> 1st: Paul Saunders
> 2nd: Phil Cook
> 3rd: Peewiglet
>
> 367th: Mike Brockhurst!

I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

Jim

Mike Brockhurst wrote:
> As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
> Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>
> 1st: Paul Saunders
> 2nd: Phil Cook
> 3rd: Peewiglet
>
> 367th: Mike Brockhurst!

I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

Jim

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:56:34 GMT, "Mike Brockhurst"
<[email protected]> wrote:

| As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
| Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
^^^^

ROTFLMAO

--
Dave F

In message <[email protected]>, Mike Brockhurst
<[email protected]> writes
>As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
>Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>
>1st: Paul Saunders
>2nd: Phil Cook
>3rd: Peewiglet
>
>367th: Mike Brockhurst!

'Tis said that Texas objected to the inclusion of Alaska in the US on
the grounds that it (Texas) would no longer be the biggest state - and
it had the right to be biggest at everything. It was promptly told it
to keep quiet, since were Alaska to split itself in two out of spite,
Texas would then only be third.

I wonder whether the championship could similarly read:

1st Paul Saunders (pre August break)
2nd Paul Saunders (post August break)
3rd Phil Cook
4th Peewiglet

--
Michael Farthing
Aardvark Ltd

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:58:38 GMT, "Mike Brockhurst"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
>> Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>>
>> 1st: Paul Saunders
>> 2nd: Phil Cook
>> 3rd: Peewiglet
>>
>> 367th: Mike Brockhurst!
>>

>apologies : -
>
>It should read:
>
>1st: Paul Saunders
>2nd: Paul Rooney
>3rd: Phil Cook
>4th: Peewiglet

Demoted!

<fx: sob!>

<trots away, weeping piteously>

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:13:12 +0000, Jim Green <"nospam !!!"> wrote:

>Mike Brockhurst wrote:
>> As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
>> Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>>
>> 1st: Paul Saunders
>> 2nd: Phil Cook
>> 3rd: Peewiglet
>>
>> 367th: Mike Brockhurst!

>I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

Walking? What's that, then? It's a vaguely familiar term, but I'm not
quite sure what it involves. G'won then, Jim - tell us all about it!

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:56:34 GMT, Mike Brockhurst wrote:

>As Its getting towards the end of the year I'm wondering who has won the
>Champions League for most posts in 2005. My guess is:
>
>1st: Paul Saunders
>2nd: Phil Cook
>3rd: Peewiglet
>
>367th: Mike Brockhurst!

Any results for searches for me are likely to be skewed by the fact
that I have used three different email addys for this group through
this year.

I still need to get out walking more.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:56:05 +0000, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:13:12 +0000, Jim Green <"nospam !!!"> wrote:

>>I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

>Walking? What's that, then? It's a vaguely familiar term, but I'm not
>quite sure what it involves. G'won then, Jim - tell us all about it!

That's wicked pw, wot if he does reply? Then all he'll be liable for
is loadsa buse for posting when he said he'd be otherwise engaged...
we could also nobble him for the fatuous activity of posting to boost
his league (sic.) placings. muahahahahaaaaa!!!

SteveO
--
NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:52:02 +0000, SteveO wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:56:05 +0000, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:13:12 +0000, Jim Green <"nospam !!!"> wrote:

>>>I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

>>Walking? What's that, then? It's a vaguely familiar term, but I'm not
>>quite sure what it involves. G'won then, Jim - tell us all about it!

>That's wicked pw, wot if he does reply? Then all he'll be liable for
>is loadsa buse for posting when he said he'd be otherwise engaged...

Nooooooo.......! :)

>we could also nobble him for the fatuous activity of posting to boost
>his league (sic.) placings. muahahahahaaaaa!!!

Well I naturally assumed that's what was going on. You think maybe it
wasn't??

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Peewiglet <[email protected]> writes

>>I wish I had the time to make it into the top 3. Too busy walking!

>Walking? What's that, then? It's a vaguely familiar term, but I'm not
>quite sure what it involves. G'won then, Jim - tell us all about it!

I did a short exercise walk this afternoon, brilliant day with excellent
vis north and east of Manchester, grimy in the west.

As I left the car park I saw two robins scrapping territorially.
The plump one with the red breast won, don't they always?

Kinder was covered in a duvet of cloud, as was the Bleaklow direction.
The hills looked good but I bet it's boggy up there.

One of those days when I wished I'd planned something more ambitious.
--
Gordon Harris

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:15:10 +0000, Peewiglet <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:52:02 +0000, SteveO wrote:

>>That's wicked pw, wot if he does reply? Then all he'll be liable for
>>is loadsa buse for posting when he said he'd be otherwise engaged...

>Nooooooo.......! :)

Shameful innit.

>>we could also nobble him for the fatuous activity of posting to boost
>>his league (sic.) placings. muahahahahaaaaa!!!

>Well I naturally assumed that's what was going on. You think maybe it
>wasn't??

Didn't think so... mind you I could be wrong. If so, Jim's post would
be KEWL; really convinced me!! ;-)

SteveO
--
NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:26:07 +0000, Gordon Harris
<[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>As I left the car park I saw two robins scrapping territorially.
>The plump one with the red breast won, don't they always?

Did you see the one with a blue breast in the paper y/day? The piccy
looked like something from Photoshop to me. Is it true??

>Kinder was covered in a duvet of cloud, as was the Bleaklow direction.
>The hills looked good but I bet it's boggy up there.
>
>One of those days when I wished I'd planned something more ambitious.

Still, though: it's good to get out at all. I was stuck in for most of
the day, though I did go for a slow run at lunchtime.

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:52:56 +0000, Peewiglet wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:26:07 +0000, Gordon Harris
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>[...]
>>As I left the car park I saw two robins scrapping territorially.
>>The plump one with the red breast won, don't they always?

>Did you see the one with a blue breast in the paper y/day? The piccy
>looked like something from Photoshop to me. Is it true??

Not a robin as such but a relative. A siberian bluethroat, which in
twitching terms is known as a cosmic mind-f*#cker, being very rare for
the UK and also very pretty to look at.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/scotland/birdwatching_Scotland/bluethroat.asp

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:07:52 +0000, Phil Cook
<[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>>Did you see the one with a blue breast in the paper y/day? The piccy
>>looked like something from Photoshop to me. Is it true??

>Not a robin as such but a relative. A siberian bluethroat, which in
>twitching terms is known as a cosmic mind-f*#cker, being very rare for
>the UK and also very pretty to look at.
>
>http://www.rspb.org.uk/scotland/birdwatching_Scotland/bluethroat.asp

Thank you, but it's *seriously* weird! Like green custard, somehow,
or pink oranges...

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Bluethroats are very familiar to hillgoers in Norway.. Lovely song

Now I understand they show up autumn spring along the east coast.. Is
this beastie special because its a different species to the
Scandinavian type bluethroat? Time of year? or media hype?

BTW the robbin thing is a bit OTT. Bluethroats are quite a lot
smaller. They are not so brightly coloured right now..

Anyone off to Norway next summer, watch out for them in the scrub
willow and birch.. Plenty about, and possibly the finest song you will
hear on your trip (although the yellow wagtail , which lives in
forests over there, will run it fine)

Richard Webb

In article <[email protected]>, RJ Webb
<[email protected]> writes

>Now I understand they show up autumn spring along the east coast.. Is
>this beastie special because its a different species to the
>Scandinavian type bluethroat? Time of year? or media hype?

Hi Richard and all,

Time of year.

It's winter so the bird should be further south - the Med. or the Middle
East. Presumably lost, but has found the climate and food supply
acceptable, for the time being at least.

Migration accounts for spring/autumn sightings.

uk.rec.walking/birds (two mini bird-threads in one week) '>
--

Russ Clare

I noticed that Message-ID: <[email protected]> from RJ
Webb contained the following:

>Bluethroats are very familiar to hillgoers in Norway.. Lovely song

Lovely plumage the Norwegian Blue...

--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.