Champlain Bikeway

Ny Rides

Guest
Well, I didn't get to ride the trail, but I was up in Champlain, NY this past week for business.
Judging by what I saw (although the weather was not good), this must be an awesome ride. The scenery
is amazing around the lake and the pretty seem very friendly.

Should I take trip back up there (from Long Island,NY) to ride a piece of the bikeway?

--
Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

"NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I didn't get to ride the trail, but I was up in Champlain, NY this past week for business.
> Judging by what I saw (although the weather was
not
> good), this must be an awesome ride. The scenery is amazing around the
lake
> and the pretty seem very friendly.
>
> Should I take trip back up there (from Long Island,NY) to ride a piece of the bikeway?
>
> --
> Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

Yes. Len

Defintely! Or ride west into the Adirondacks. On long rides out of Lake Placid, I often take the
ferry across to Vermont to get away from the more hilly NY side. I did take the bikeway map with me
once and had a bit of a problem following it in the Burlington area. Have a road map with you and
when bikeway map stops making sense or gets too slow, pick a north/south road and go. (Avoiding Rt 7
around Burlington is always a good idea.) The ferries provide a nice break from riding and allows
the trail to be broken up in smaller loops. The Burlington/Port Kent Ferry is an hour-long "sea
voyage" and Burlington has lots to do and places to eat. I haven't ridden the Vt. roads south of
Charlotte yet, but if you have any questions, ask 'em.

Wayne Morris Lake Placid, NY Adirondack Bike Pages http://www.adkbikes.com