Champlain Bikeway

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Ny Rides, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. Ny Rides

    Ny Rides Guest

    Well, I didn't get to ride the trail, but I was up in Champlain, NY this past week for business.
    Judging by what I saw (although the weather was not good), this must be an awesome ride. The scenery
    is amazing around the lake and the pretty seem very friendly.

    Should I take trip back up there (from Long Island,NY) to ride a piece of the bikeway?

    --
    Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Tags:

  2. Len

    Len Guest

    "NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, I didn't get to ride the trail, but I was up in Champlain, NY this past week for business.
    > Judging by what I saw (although the weather was
    not
    > good), this must be an awesome ride. The scenery is amazing around the
    lake
    > and the pretty seem very friendly.
    >
    > Should I take trip back up there (from Long Island,NY) to ride a piece of the bikeway?
    >
    > --
    > Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Yes. Len

  3. W. Morris

    W. Morris Guest

    Defintely! Or ride west into the Adirondacks. On long rides out of Lake Placid, I often take the
    ferry across to Vermont to get away from the more hilly NY side. I did take the bikeway map with me
    once and had a bit of a problem following it in the Burlington area. Have a road map with you and
    when bikeway map stops making sense or gets too slow, pick a north/south road and go. (Avoiding Rt 7
    around Burlington is always a good idea.) The ferries provide a nice break from riding and allows
    the trail to be broken up in smaller loops. The Burlington/Port Kent Ferry is an hour-long "sea
    voyage" and Burlington has lots to do and places to eat. I haven't ridden the Vt. roads south of
    Charlotte yet, but if you have any questions, ask 'em.

    Wayne Morris Lake Placid, NY Adirondack Bike Pages http://www.adkbikes.com