Champs Elysees and Google Earth

DiabloScott

May 15, 2003
Didn't have any trouble finding the finishing circuit between Arc de T and Place de la C but I don't see the tunnel that they go through on TV. Anybody familiar with the area can tell me where it is?

These coords will get you in range:

48 52.5n, 2 17.7e

DiabloScott said:
Didn't have any trouble finding the finishing circuit between Arc de T and Place de la C but I don't see the tunnel that they go through on TV. Anybody familiar with the area can tell me where it is?

These coords will get you in range:

48 52.5n, 2 17.7e

This is where the tunnel re-emerges onto the Rue de Rivoli:

48 51'46.50" N 2 19'53.57" E

When going away from the Arc de Triomphe they swing right at the bottom of the Champs Elysees and they go along by the river, with the Tuileries gardens on the left. Then they swing left into the tunnel, under the gardens just at the bridge before the bridge which leads to the Carousel du Louvre (which is the roundabout just beside the Pyramid).

Tonto said:
This is where the tunnel re-emerges onto the Rue de Rivoli:

48 51'46.50" N 2 19'53.57" E

When going away from the Arc de Triomphe they swing right at the bottom of the Champs Elysees and they go along by the river, with the Tuileries gardens on the right. Then they swing left into the tunnel, under the gardens just at the bridge before the bridge which leads to the Carousel du Louvre (which is the roundabout just beside the Pyramid).

THANK YOU! I didn't realize they went that far past the obelisk.

DiabloScott said:
THANK YOU! I didn't realize they went that far past the obelisk.

You're welcome....actually I just corrected myself. I meant to say the go along the river with the gardens on their left.