Chan 9 beat up, Cyclists V Motorists

scotty72

Jul 10, 2005
Did anyone see that rubbish

They were trying to show the typical shots of cyclists behaving badly.

Of course, they show the bike couriers - duh!!!

Then they tried to show how cyclists are going down one way streets the wrong way.

click here to see
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/acadistortionb.JPG

then I thought I noticed something

I replayed the scene. the first couple of frames (a half a sec) reveals the ACA has no concern for the truth of it.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~sratcliff/acadistortion.JPG

Notice the configuration.

It is a bus lane which he is entitled to ride in (on Market Street, Sydney by the look of it) and the cyclist is travelling the correct way.

Scotty

That is brilliant. I tried to tip off Media watch but my e-mail won't let me.

It's a pity they didn't get footage of the Council Bus Driver who tried to kill me this morning. From now on I own 3 foot of the right hand lane just past the hospital. It seems to be a favourite spot for jamming me in.

kaeotee said:
That is brilliant. I tried to tip off Media watch but my e-mail won't let me.

It's a pity they didn't get footage of the Council Bus Driver who tried to kill me this morning. From now on I own 3 foot of the right hand lane just past the hospital. It seems to be a favourite spot for jamming me in.
Media watch... brialliant idea.

/me wanders off to do so.

When I heard about the story and even before it went to air I email ACA and gave them an example of some of the perils riders must put up with in the hope that the it would influence them to be a bit more balanced. Cyclist really should make there voices heard or the media will be dominated by stories like that.

It is just so typical of the media to do something like this. Has anyone noticed how they always focus on the courier in town. We all know that many couriers (not all)

*ride on footpaths
*do not obey traffic signs or road rules
*give motorists the ***** with their arrogance

The courier is a worker doing a job that requires him/her to deliver according to a time schedule. This will inherenly create a problem.
Licence the couriers and book them if they do the wrong thing like any other road user.

Why should genuine law abiding riders (thousands of people) be tarnished with the same brush as couriers working in town.

How can anyone justify throwing a can of coke out their window at a cyclist minding his own business in the cycling lane heading out to waterfall? This is the real story. A story of bullying and intimidation perpertrated by people spurred on by irresponsible rubish aired on "current affairs" programs.

Channel 9 hang your collective heads in shame shame shame!

Nice find scott, i was thinking about that story today. One woman claimed she hated cyclist because "...they crept up into your blindspot". Exactly how fast or what does she think a cyclist is?

Twig said:
Nice find scott, i was thinking about that story today. One woman claimed she hated cyclist because "...they crept up into your blindspot". Exactly how fast or what does she think a cyclist is?
Yeah, she's a notorious crack pot