Change in Neutrasweet?

mcp6453

Guest
We have used many cans of Dixie Crystals Sweet Thing (Neutrasweet). My
wife and I have both noticed recently that it takes more of the powder
to achieve the normal sweetness that we want in our coffee and tea.
Also, there appear to be some very small brown specks in the powder that
looks like cardboard. Are we getting cheated by the manufacturer here?
At first I thought the change in strength was my imagination, but then
my wife noticed the same thing. We've tried several cans to test whether
it was a batch thing, but each can appears to be the same. Anybody heard
anything or had a similar experience?

mcp6453 wrote:

> We have used many cans of Dixie Crystals Sweet Thing (aspartame). My
> wife and I have both noticed recently that it takes more of the powder
> to achieve the normal sweetness that we want in our coffee and tea.
> Also, there appear to be some very small brown specks in the powder that
> looks like cardboard. Are we getting cheated by the manufacturer here?
> At first I thought the change in strength was my imagination, but then
> my wife noticed the same thing. We've tried several cans to test whether
> it was a batch thing, but each can appears to be the same. Anybody heard
> anything or had a similar experience?

To be more accurate, I should have said aspartame instead of Nutrasweet.