I have a heavy tandem bike with wide, (26x2.125) MTB tires.
I am thinking of swapping them to narrower slick tires (26x1.5 ?) to reduce
rolling resistance.
We only ride it on paved roads. Is it safe to do so ? I am wondering
since it is a heavy bike.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Change to narrow tire
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 2 August 2004
- Last activity
- 2 August 2004
- Original author
- Yum
- Posts
- 2
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 485
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Yum said:
I have a heavy tandem bike with wide, (26x2.125) MTB tires.
I am thinking of swapping them to narrower slick tires (26x1.5 ?) to reduce
rolling resistance.
We only ride it on paved roads. Is it safe to do so ? I am wondering
since it is a heavy bike.
No problem - just add more air. I highly recommend Vredestein S-Licks
which are 26" x 1.3".
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.