Changing Powertap recording interval

JitensyaJim

Jun 27, 2006
I'm away for a few days fitting in rides between meetings, but forgot to bring my cable to download data from my powertap. (It's an old yellow "pro").

I have it set on the 1 sec recording interval, and would like to change that to 2 sec to make sure I can record all the riding I'm likely to do before I get home (2 sec gives 15 hours vs. 7.5 hours for 1 sec, according to the manual.) But I have already got today's ride in there (2 hours) with the 1 second interval.

Does anyone know whether changing the recording interval will damage or delete the data that's already in there?

Thanks if anyone can help.

JitensyaJim said:
I'm away for a few days fitting in rides between meetings, but forgot to bring my cable to download data from my powertap. (It's an old yellow "pro").

I have it set on the 1 sec recording interval, and would like to change that to 2 sec to make sure I can record all the riding I'm likely to do before I get home (2 sec gives 15 hours vs. 7.5 hours for 1 sec, according to the manual.) But I have already got today's ride in there (2 hours) with the 1 second interval.

Does anyone know whether changing the recording interval will damage or delete the data that's already in there?

Thanks if anyone can help.

No, you can change the recording interval without any problems. If you've used 2hrs already, then change it over and you've got 11hrs left at 2sec.