Channel 4 TDF Theme Music

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Patrick Kavanag, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. This one for UK viewers only so does anyone know where the theme music used by Channel4 for the Tour
    coverage can be sought from. Have tried all the usual palces but no joy. The original version had a
    electro sound to it and was very much of its mid eithies time as it was also used for the Kelloggs
    City Centre Cycling Series, how many of ours remember those mad sprints?

    Patrick

    Tags:

  2. "Patrick Kavanagh" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bp2iig$9u8
    [email protected]:

    > This one for UK viewers only so does anyone know where the theme music used by Channel4 for the
    > Tour coverage can be sought from. Have tried all the usual palces but no joy. The original version
    > had a electro sound to it and was very much of its mid eithies time as it was also used for the
    > Kelloggs City Centre Cycling Series, how many of ours remember those mad sprints?
    >
    > Patrick

    If it sounds electro its probably a version of "Tour De France" by Kraftwerk. Pick up a copy of
    "Tour De France Soundtracks" at your local record store.

    - Boyd S.

  3. On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:41:02 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Patrick Kavanagh" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bp2iig$9u8
    >[email protected]ernet.com:
    >
    >> This one for UK viewers only so does anyone know where the theme music used by Channel4 for the
    >> Tour coverage can be sought from. Have tried all the usual palces but no joy. The original
    >> version had a electro sound to it and was very much of its mid eithies time as it was also used
    >> for the Kelloggs City Centre Cycling Series, how many of ours remember those mad sprints?
    >>
    >> Patrick
    >
    >If it sounds electro its probably a version of "Tour De France" by Kraftwerk. Pick up a copy of
    >"Tour De France Soundtracks" at your local record store.
    >
    >- Boyd S.

    It was by former Buzzcock, Pete Shelley, commissioned for C4 and not AFAIK commercially available.

    Regards! Stephen

  4. Patrick Kavanagh <[email protected]> wrote:
    > This one for UK viewers only so does anyone know where the theme music used by Channel4 for the
    > Tour coverage can be sought from. Have tried all the

    Could it be Tour de France by Kraftwerk? If you go to http://www.kraftwerk.com click on the antenna,
    and navigate the arrows until you get to Tour de France, you'll get a neat Tour de France jingle.
    The whole song is actually fun to listen to... Is that a Dura-Ace in the background?

    Didier

    --
    Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
    http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

  5. >it was also used for the Kelloggs City Centre Cycling Series, how many of ours remember those
    >mad sprints?

    I remember those!

    Cheers, helen s

  6. Have you considered it was all dubbed in studio musician music?

    For USA/Canada readers, Don Felder, an skilled guitarist lent riffs to a Saturday morning cartoon
    (Galaxy High) which could be found nowhere else, a shame really.

    I've been watching the '01 TdF (10Hr version) and would like to know where they got the idea to dub
    in music during the mountain stages. (I thought it was my neighbor cranking up their hifi again.)
    Punk idea, hope the '02 and '03 don't have this.