Channel 9 news - bike recall

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, Mar 26, 2004.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

  2. DRS

    DRS Guest

  3. Ian wrote:

    > Try http://www.bikeoz.com/ for the story

    It really makes you wonder when the head of the RCTA can not tell the
    difference between a nut and a bolt.

  4. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

  5. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

  6. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > feeling schizophrenic(?) today jazmo LOL? or you just got a twitchy
    > 'submit' button finger?
    > so what riding racinga re you doing now the crits series is over?

    Yeah, a bit twitchy today. :

    Still riding to work. Ride either on my MTB or road bike. Will b
    doing longer rides on my road bike some mornings as furthe
    preparation for the road season ahead. I'll also be continuing m
    Saturday morning long rides

    As for racing, I probably won't be doing much until the road seaso
    starts. In the mean time, I think Carnegie/Caulfield are still holdin
    crits in Glenvale Cres in Mulgrave for a few more weeks, so I might po
    up there for a race or two

    How 'bout you. Are you riding the road season

    -

  7. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > still commuting. putting in a longer one on Sunday ams (earlier possible
    > start is nice now too).
    > might try and incorporate the glenvale or Dunlop Ave crits into my
    > Sunday am ride too
    > As for road season, i doubt Im up for that just yet. Sounds like a
    > whole other degree above the crits to me. What's the comparison like?
    > do you know??

    My last road race was about 10 years ago! They are more suited to m
    than crits as I'm more of a climber (at least I was 10 years ago,
    might be in for a rude surprise now)

    I can't really compare crits with road racing. I think the best thing t
    do is give at least one a try and see how that goes. Hilly course
    obviously play a big part in road race outcomes. You can race o
    different course types. I remember there being a fow reasonably fla
    courses in some of the northern combine races. I'm yet to find out wha
    they're like out east

    -

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    jazmo wrote:
    > Yeah, a bit twitchy today. :D
    > In the mean time, I think Carnegie/Caulfield are still holding crits in
    > Glenvale Cres in Mulgrave for a few more weeks, so I might pop up there
    > for a race or two.
    > How 'bout you. Are you riding the road season?

    still commuting. putting in a longer one on Sunday ams (earlier possibl
    start is nice now too)

    might try and incorporate the glenvale or Dunlop Ave crits into m
    Sunday am ride to

    As for road season, i doubt Im up for that just yet. Sounds like
    whole other degree above the crits to me. What's the comparison like
    do you know?

    -

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    jazmo wrote:
    > Some good info from Cyling News
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/news/mar30
    > See heading "Check you brakes".

    feeling schizophrenic(?) today jazmo LOL? or you just got a twitch
    'submit' button finger

    so what riding racinga re you doing now the crits series is over

    -

  10. Terry Collins <[email protected]> wrote in news:406C15B2.579AE46
    @woa.com.au:

    > Ian wrote:
    >>
    >> Try http://www.bikeoz.com/ for the story

    > It really makes you wonder when the head of the RCTA can not tell the
    > difference between a nut and a bolt.

    Terminology in that piece is used correctly, but it's terse because it's an
    exact copy of the anonymous note that was sent round the bike industry a
    few days previously - so the assumption is that those reading would be
    familiar with the equipment in question, recent double-pivot caliper brakes
    for road racing bikes.

    I tried to explain it a bit more extensively in my piece on Cyclingnews;
    I'm happy to learn that I seem to have managed to do so.