Charity Bike Ride near Omaha

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Kelly J., Mar 28, 2004.

  1. Kelly J.

    Kelly J. Guest

    Hello,

    My event information is as follows:

    The Miles for the Missing Family Bike Ride is one of Project
    Jason's annual fundraisers. It's a chance to do something
    fun and healthy together with your family. Your entry fee
    will help us to continue in our mission to potentially
    reunite the families of the missing who have been torn apart
    by this tragic circumstance. It will also be used to bring
    about public awareness for the missing and provide
    educational opportunities in our community.

    This year's ride will take place at the scenic Wabash Trace
    Nature Trail beginning at the trailhead at Council Bluffs,
    Iowa. Riders may choose to ride any distance from Council
    Bluffs to Silver City, which is up to 27.8 miles. There are
    several rest stops and benches along the trail. SAG and free
    water will be provided.

    Please help us to help others by riding in the Miles for the
    Missing Family Bike Ride.

    Ride Information
    a.. The ride begins at the Wabash Trace Nature Trail at
    Council Bluffs,
    aA.
    b.. SAG will be provided by Highgear Bike and Outdoor.
    c.. Free water provided by Ideal Pure Water and
    Planet Earth.
    d.. Lunch menu available from Blimpie Subs at the
    trailhead.
    e.. Rest stops along the route will be manned by missing
    person's family members to provide information and
    educational materials.
    f.. All riders must pre-register.
    g.. The cost is $15.00 per rider. A free Miles for the
    Missing t-shirt will be given to riders who register by
    April 19, 2004.

    All Registrations forms must be received by April 26, 2004
    and are available at local bike shops as well as at
    www.projectjason.org.

    Project Jason
    g.A. Box 3035 Omaha, NE 68103 Phone: 402-932-0095

    (Kelly Jolkowski) Email: [email protected]

    *Ride will take place, rain or shine. No Refunds.

    Directions to the Wabash Trace Trailhead from Omaha: Take
    I-80 East to the I-29 South Exit, then take Highway 92
    west to Highway 275, then turn south. The trailhead is
    located on the west side of the road just south of Lewis
    Central School.

    Project Jason is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.

    Tags:

  2. Kelly J.

    Kelly J. Guest

    My apologies, I forgot the date...it's 5/2/04, Sunday. Check-
    in starts at
    10:30 and the ride begins at 11:00am.

    SAG will be provided until 3pm.

    Thank you.

    Kelly

    "Kelly J." wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > My event information is as follows:
    >
    > The Miles for the Missing Family Bike Ride is one of
    > Project Jason's
    annual
    > fundraisers. It's a chance to do something fun and healthy
    > together with your family. Your entry fee will help us to
    > continue in our mission to potentially reunite the
    > families of the missing who have been torn apart
    by
    > this tragic circumstance. It will also be used to bring
    > about public awareness for the missing and provide
    > educational opportunities in our community.
    >
    > This year's ride will take place at the scenic Wabash
    > Trace Nature Trail beginning at the trailhead at Council
    > Bluffs, Iowa. Riders may choose to ride any distance from
    > Council Bluffs to Silver City, which is up to 27.8 miles.
    > There are several rest stops and benches along the trail.
    > SAG and free water will be provided.
    >
    > Please help us to help others by riding in the Miles for
    > the Missing
    Family