UK and Europe · Public discussion

Charity that takes old bikes

Started by POHB · · Last activity · 5 posts · 372 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
1 September 2005
Last activity
2 September 2005
Original author
POHB
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
372
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm getting a new bike next week and don't really have any reason to
    keep my old one, or anywhere to keep it. Does anyone know of a charity
    that would like it? I'm based in West London.

  2. POHB said:


    I'm getting a new bike next week and don't really have any reason to
    keep my old one, or anywhere to keep it. Does anyone know of a charity
    that would like it? I'm based in West London.

    You could try Re-cycle.

    http://re-cycle.org/home/Hubs/London

    Alternatively ask at your local bike shop.

    John B

  3. POHB said:

    I'm getting a new bike next week and don't really have any reason to
    keep my old one, or anywhere to keep it. Does anyone know of a charity
    that would like it? I'm based in West London.

    In Bristol, Emmaus would take it to help the homeless (I got rid of an
    old bike that way a few months ago). You could see if there's a branch
    near you that will do the same:
    <URL:http://www.emmaus.org.uk/>

    --
    Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
    <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

  4. POHB said:

    I'm getting a new bike next week and don't really have any reason to
    keep my old one, or anywhere to keep it. Does anyone know of a charity
    that would like it? I'm based in West London.

    If you can't find a charity, you can likely give it away to an
    individual through Freecycle (not, as many seem to think from the name,
    just for bikes, but about recycling/reusing any unwanted stuff by
    giving it away for free).

    Freecycle London - http://tinyurl.com/9tgs8
    Freecycle globally (many other UK groups) - http://freecycle.org

  5. "POHB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm getting a new bike next week and don't really have any reason to
    keep my old one, or anywhere to keep it. Does anyone know of a charity
    that would like it? I'm based in West London.

    If there's a Big Issue office near you, they may well be grateful for it, as
    the bike could well be something that is the key to resolving a transport
    issue for someone getting that job that helps them get back on track with
    life.

    Cheers, helen s

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.