Charles and Camilla in San Francisco this Weekend

DiabloScott

May 15, 2003
Too bad they missed Halloween Critical Mass last Friday. I predict they'll accomplish nothing. He's going to tour some organic fruit farms.

limerickman said:
Are you going out to see them, Diablo ?

I wasn't planning on it - but if you have a message for me to give them I'll try to see it gets through.

When the Queen was out here a while ago it was a big deal. Everything she did made the news; there was even a big story about her personal toilet seat. The press is trying to portray this visit as a big deal but no one's getting too excited. Think they'll be hurt if no one lines the road to get a look at them?

DiabloScott said:
I wasn't planning on it - but if you have a message for me to give them I'll try to see it gets through.

When the Queen was out here a while ago it was a big deal. Everything she did made the news; there was even a big story about her personal toilet seat. The press is trying to portray this visit as a big deal but no one's getting too excited. Think they'll be hurt if no one lines the road to get a look at them?

I'll ask Fred C to put in a request to Buck Palace, asking them to drop round to your place for tea, how's that ?
Chuck won't have his bike with him though, so you can't go cycling together.

You know the history between our country and our next door neighbour.
We've been at peace for nearly a century, after 800 years of strife.
The Royals have started to visit here : Her Majesty hasn't as yet but Chuck was here in the mid-1990's.
Believe it or not people turned out to see him when he came here.
I don't know if this is a reflection on him or us !

Here's their itinery. Camilla looks like she could be in the cast of Beach Blanket Babylon from this photo.

DiabloScott said:
Here's their itinery. Camilla looks like she could be in the cast of Beach Blanket Babylon from this photo.
That's an Adobe Photoshop crappy compilation.

DiabloScott said:

More ****.

DiabloScott said:
Too bad they missed Halloween Critical Mass last Friday. I predict they'll accomplish nothing. He's going to tour some organic fruit farms.
The organic fruit farmers couldn't have a better advert than Charlie, they'll be killing each other to get on his list.

FredC said:
The organic fruit farmers couldn't have a better advert than Charlie, they'll be killing each other to get on his list.
they sell duchy organic beer in Safeway(morrisons)....Charles' own beer...a nice drop. he is pretty clued up on organic stuff, i like charles.

FredC said:
That's an Adobe Photoshop crappy compilation.

Maybe so, but it's from the local newspaper's website:

SanFranciscoChronicle

Organic beer? I don't know about barley, but as far as I know, no hops outside of Australia can be cultivated on a commercial level without fungicides and the like - and only one from Australia ... "pride of ringwood" or something like that... not a great ale hop like Golding or Fuggle.

check this out...

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/wychwood_duchy.htm

i bought a few bottles the other week...lovely.

DiabloScott said:

SanFranciscoChronicle

Organic beer? I don't know about barley, but as far as I know, no hops outside of Australia can be cultivated on a commercial level without fungicides and the like - and only one from Australia ... "pride of ringwood" or something like that... not a great ale hop like Golding or Fuggle.

DiabloScott said:

SanFranciscoChronicle

You know that Charles has a bloke who dresses him each day ?
I kid you not.
Everyday, Charles lies in bed and waits for his valet to come in to the room before he gets out of bed and washes.
The valet has to wait until Chalres is ready and he (the valet) then dresses him.
When I heard this, I thought "he's taking the **** here" but it's true.

Charles also spends hours talking to the flora and fauna in his gardens.

I imagine that Charles would refer to the USA as "the colonies".

I like a lot of what Charles says about the planet.
But when I heard him talking about tampons, it made me slightly less enthusiastic about him.

limerickman said:
You know that Charles has a bloke who dresses him each day ?
I kid you not.
Everyday, Charles lies in bed and waits for his valet to come in to the room before he gets out of bed and washes.
The valet has to wait until Chalres is ready and he (the valet) then dresses him.
When I heard this, I thought "he's taking the **** here" but it's true.

Charles also spends hours talking to the flora and fauna in his gardens.

I imagine that Charles would refer to the USA as "the colonies".

I like a lot of what Charles says about the planet.
But when I heard him talking about tampons, it made me slightly less enthusiastic about him.
Is that a plug?

limerickman said:
very good - I'm laughing here.
Bernard Manning.
You all know Charlie Stiles, the local funeral director who is Nobby's dad. Well we'd run out of corks for the beer barrels. I phoned Charlie " Hello Charlie, Bernard here, have you got any corks to spare? I need about two dozen"
"Yes" said Charlie " they're £30 apiece" "Well Charlie at that price you can stick 'em up your ****."

FredC said:
Bernard Manning.
You all know Charlie Stiles, the local funeral director who is Nobby's dad. Well we'd run out of corks for the beer barrels. I phoned Charlie " Hello Charlie, Bernard here, have you got any corks to spare? I need about two dozen"
"Yes" said Charlie " they're £30 apiece" "Well Charlie at that price you can stick 'em up your ****."

My old mate John Leigh from Chorley was a great man.
We worked together years ago and one day we were talking about the Wheeltappers Show, in the office.
I told him how much I like BM and Colin Crompton and all the other guys on that show.
John told me that he was good friends with BM and that if I ever wanted to go to the Embassy in Manchester, to let him know.
I went over to visit the in-laws in Bolton a few years later and John got me some tickets to see BM at the club.
I never laughed as much as I did that night seeing BM.
BM literally took the **** out of everyone - Irish, Pakistani, Indian, American,
Germans, they were all fair game.

limerickman said:
You know the history between our country and our next door neighbour.
We've been at peace for nearly a century, after 800 years of strife.
The Royals have started to visit here : Her Majesty hasn't as yet but Chuck was here in the mid-1990's.
The Irish should have made it so he never wanted to come back. The Royals are like relatives, once they visit they tend to stay around way too long .... It seems to me the last time they came they made themselves way too cozy.

limerickman said:
Believe it or not people turned out to see him when he came here.
I don't know if this is a reflection on him or us !
Hopefully there were a few in the roadside crowd sizing him up for one of those plugs you guys mentioned in the thread.