Chart problems in WKO+

EpicriderGMAC

Dec 12, 2005
I've been having the darndest time trying to get a chart configuration to stay the same after closing it in WKO+.

Basically, I can look at the chart and adjust it however I'd like. Then, I close the chart and it goes back to normal on the home page. How do I save my charts so they continue displaying the same stats that I selected?

This isn't in any of the help manuals that I've been able to find yet so far. Any ideas?

EpicriderGMAC said:
I've been having the darndest time trying to get a chart configuration to stay the same after closing it in WKO+.

Basically, I can look at the chart and adjust it however I'd like. Then, I close the chart and it goes back to normal on the home page. How do I save my charts so they continue displaying the same stats that I selected?

This isn't in any of the help manuals that I've been able to find yet so far. Any ideas?
I noticed this as well. You have to customize the chart from the athlete home screen the same way you would if it was opened by itself. If you open just that table and then customize it, the options are not saved.

Just a guess at your problem, but if you zoom a chart, then make changes, those changes *only* affect the zoomed chart and are lost once the zoomed chart is closed. You'll have to make the changes on the unzoomed chart that's on the home page, if you want them to stay.

frenchyge said:
if you zoom a chart, then make changes, those changes *only* affect the zoomed chart and are lost once the zoomed chart is closed. You'll have to make the changes on the unzoomed chart that's on the home page, if you want them to stay.

Note that this is by design: the assumption is that when you're analyzing your data in detail, you'll zoom in on a chart and do all sorts of tweaks that you may not want to become the new defaults.

frenchyge said:
Just a guess at your problem, but if you zoom a chart, then make changes, those changes *only* affect the zoomed chart and are lost once the zoomed chart is closed. You'll have to make the changes on the unzoomed chart that's on the home page, if you want them to stay.
Nice tip:)

Not that this is an issue in this case but some may place a chart on the Chalkboard instead of the Athlete home page and that can have unintended charting consequnces as well.

frenchyge said:
A related point that caused me some early confusion: Note that if you zoom a chart in 'chalkboard' mode and then make a change, when you hit 'apply' that chart is now for ALL the data - not just the chalkboard data. If you want to play with just the chalkboard data, you have to use the un-zoomed chart. - TF

acoggan said:
Note that this is by design: the assumption is that when you're analyzing your data in detail, you'll zoom in on a chart and do all sorts of tweaks that you may not want to become the new defaults.
Yeah, that's a nice feature that saves me from having to un-tweak everything when I'm done tweaking.

Terry Ferguson said:
A related point that caused me some early confusion: Note that if you zoom a chart in 'chalkboard' mode and then make a change, when you hit 'apply' that chart is now for ALL the data - not just the chalkboard data. If you want to play with just the chalkboard data, you have to use the un-zoomed chart. - TF
Good tip. I haven't started developing my chalkboard-fu just yet. I'm still learning the Way of the PMC. :)

frenchyge said:
I haven't started developing my chalkboard-fu just yet. I'm still learning the Way of the PMC. :)
Ditto - all I done so far is use it to compare chart test results (e.g. MAP tests) which are easily isolated by the search function. There's a few nifty things in there to be explored one day....