General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Cheap equipment Aldi

Started by Harry Bloomfield · · Last activity · 45 posts · 1,572 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 April 2005
Last activity
15 April 2005
Original author
Harry Bloomfield
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,572
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Simon Caldwell said:
    Gordon Harris said:

    Http://uk.aldi.com/

    Gives the details, and where the specials are available.

    I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?

    Me neither.

    Daytona

  2. On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >>
    | >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >
    | >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    |
    | Me neither.

    In *red* just under ALDI
    Or click on the garden table

    --
    Dave F
    Howard Flight was right

  3. Dave Fawthrop said:

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >>
    | >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >
    | >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    |
    | Me neither.

    In *red* just under ALDI
    Or click on the garden table

    No it doesn't.

    Daytona

  4. Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Gordon Harris said:

    Http://uk.aldi.com/

    Gives the details, and where the specials are available.

    I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?


    That's because all the items are available at all ALDI stores!

    Sometimes there is a note that certain items are only available in say
    the South East, or Yorkshire, whatever...
    --
    Gordon Harris

  5. Gordon Harris said:

    Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Gordon Harris said:

    Http://uk.aldi.com/

    Gives the details, and where the specials are available.

    I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?


    That's because all the items are available at all ALDI stores!

    I'll find out on Thursday...

    --
    Stop ID cards and the Database State
    http://www.no2id.net/

  6. On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >>
    | >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >
    | >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >|
    | >| Me neither.
    | >
    | >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >Or click on the garden table
    |
    | No it doesn't.

    Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.

    Remember to arrive at Aldi as soon as they open.
    For electronic stuff be first in the queue.
    For other stuff arrive early. Quite ordinary stuff can disappear within
    the first hour.

    --
    Dave F
    Howard Flight was right

  7. Dave Fawthrop said:

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >>
    | >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >
    | >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >|
    | >| Me neither.
    | >
    | >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >Or click on the garden table
    |
    | No it doesn't.

    Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.

    Yes but not a clue as to which stores will be stocking it. Is there
    some sort of scripting gizmo that I've disabled?

    --
    Stop ID cards and the Database State
    http://www.no2id.net/

  8. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:52:44 +0100, Simon Caldwell
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:52:02 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
    | <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >|
    | >| >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >| >>
    | >| >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >| >|
    | >| >| Me neither.
    | >| >
    | >| >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >| >Or click on the garden table
    | >|
    | >| No it doesn't.
    | >
    | >Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    | >Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.
    | >
    |
    | Yes but not a clue as to which stores will be stocking it.

    The "where to find us" bit of the site works OK for me, just tested it.

    | Is there
    | some sort of scripting gizmo that I've disabled?

    I never disable things, it causes too many problems.

    --
    Dave F
    Howard Flight was right

  9. Dave Fawthrop said:

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:52:44 +0100, Simon Caldwell
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:52:02 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
    | <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >|
    | >| >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >| >>
    | >| >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >| >|
    | >| >| Me neither.
    | >| >
    | >| >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >| >Or click on the garden table
    | >|
    | >| No it doesn't.
    | >
    | >Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    | >Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.
    | >
    |
    | Yes but not a clue as to which stores will be stocking it.

    The "where to find us" bit of the site works OK for me, just tested it.

    I give in, must be a browser thing, I can find the specials listed and
    I can find the stores listed but not mention of which stores stock
    which products. I'll just have to take pot luck.

    --
    Stop ID cards and the Database State
    http://www.no2id.net/

  10. Dave Fawthrop said:

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >>
    | >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >
    | >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >|
    | >| Me neither.
    | >
    | >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >Or click on the garden table
    |
    | No it doesn't.

    Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.

    Sure I found that when I first looked, but it doesn't list where the
    specials are available.

    Daytona

  11. Simon Caldwell said:
    Dave Fawthrop said:

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:52:44 +0100, Simon Caldwell
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:52:02 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
    | <[email hidden]> wrote:
    |
    | >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:46:28 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >
    | >| Dave Fawthrop <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >|
    | >| >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:31:50 +0100, Daytona <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >
    | >| >| Simon Caldwell <[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >|
    | >| >| >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:08:17 +0100, Gordon Harris
    | >| >| ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >>Http://uk.aldi.com/
    | >| >| >>
    | >| >| >>Gives the details, and where the specials are available.
    | >| >| >
    | >| >| >I can't see where it tells you where they're available - is it well
    | >| >| >hidden or am I just being stoopid as usual?
    | >| >|
    | >| >| Me neither.
    | >| >
    | >| >In *red* just under ALDI
    | >| >Or click on the garden table
    | >|
    | >| No it doesn't.
    | >
    | >Just checked and both and worked OK for me.
    | >Walking stuff is at the bottom of the page.
    | >
    |
    | Yes but not a clue as to which stores will be stocking it.

    The "where to find us" bit of the site works OK for me, just tested it.

    I give in, must be a browser thing,

    No it isn't Simon. You're being given [censored] info. There is no list of
    where the specials are available as Gordon and Dave are saying. From
    that I assume they're in all stores.

    Daytona

  12. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    I give in, must be a browser thing, I can find the specials listed and
    I can find the stores listed but not mention of which stores stock
    which products. I'll just have to take pot luck.


    Assume everything's supposed to be stocked everywhere unless
    it specifies otherwise. Having just checked I'd say it's all
    meant to be in your local shop; however there's no telling how
    many of each 'special' they'll stock.
    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
    situation.

  13. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    No it isn't Simon. You're being given [censored] info. There is no list of
    where the specials are available as Gordon and Dave are saying.


    Sometimes there is; this time there isn't.
    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
    situation.

  14. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:01:23 +0100, Simon Caldwell
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | I give in, must be a browser thing, I can find the specials listed and
    | I can find the stores listed but not mention of which stores stock
    | which products. I'll just have to take pot luck.

    You could ring the nearest store.
    AFAIK all stores have the same items on the same date.
    Some have more than others depending on store size.

    --
    Dave F
    Howard Flight was right

  15. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:01:23 +0100, Simon Caldwell
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    | I give in, must be a browser thing, I can find the specials listed and
    | I can find the stores listed but not mention of which stores stock
    | which products. I'll just have to take pot luck.

    You could ring the nearest store.
    AFAIK all stores have the same items on the same date.
    Some have more than others depending on store size.


    Having just checked both sites I've concluded that it's Lidl
    that has the regional variations rather than Aldi. Unless
    it's both...

    --
    If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs...
    then you've failed to grasp some important aspect of the
    situation.

  16. Daytona <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I give in, must be a browser thing,

    No it isn't Simon. You're being given [censored] info. There is no list of
    where the specials are available as Gordon and Dave are saying. From
    that I assume they're in all stores.

    Daytona

    He is being given good info! I pointed out that if there is no
    mention of items being on a regional distribution, then they are
    available at all stores.

    It is usually only major items which are regional, and the same goes for
    LiDL's website.
    --
    Gordon Harris

  17. Fran <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    I give in, must be a browser thing, I can find the specials listed and
    I can find the stores listed but not mention of which stores stock
    which products. I'll just have to take pot luck.


    Assume everything's supposed to be stocked everywhere unless
    it specifies otherwise. Having just checked I'd say it's all
    meant to be in your local shop; however there's no telling how
    many of each 'special' they'll stock.

    Our local ALDI manager is very helpful IME, and when the PCs were due
    and I wanted one, the local manager told me:
    a) How many they were getting (65)
    b) If I gave him the cash in an envelope the previous day, he would make
    sure I got one next day by purchasing it for me!

    I went there about 10:00 am, and they still had about 24 left.....
    --
    Gordon Harris

  18. It was all in the Northampton store this morning.
    Ended up with 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of boots, 4 outdoor shirts, 3
    pairs of shorts, 1 pair of trousers with the silly zip-off legs, 4 base
    layer wicking T-shirts, 1 compass and 2 garden chairs.

    Quality is very good and the prices unbelievable compared to anywhere
    else.

    David
    --
    Discovery Walking Guides Ltd.
    www.walking.demon.co.uk
    www.dwgwalking.co.uk

  19. Simon Caldwell said:


    I'll find out on Thursday...

    Success :-)
    2 merino tops, one 'softshell' fleece, one outdoor shirt (too small).
    Sold out of large hats (if they ever had any). Luckily the wa;lking
    poles were very heavy or I'd have been forced to buy a pair of those
    too.
    A shame there isn't a branch of Lidl nearby or I could waste some more
    money next week...

    S.

    --
    Stop ID cards and the Database State
    http://www.no2id.net/

  20. Simon Caldwell said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll find out on Thursday...

    Success :-)
    2 merino tops,

    What are the merino tops like? Are they tight fitting or loose?

    I couldn't get to Aldi today but may have a rummage through the
    left-overs tomorrow.

    My Mum got me a buff which, for £1.99, is excellent. I've worn it
    tonight under my bike helmet and am well chuffed.

    Judith

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.