General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Cheap, good balsamic vinegar?

Started by Ctenos · · Last activity · 3 posts · 217 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 April 2006
Last activity
2 April 2006
Original author
Ctenos
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
217
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A while back, Trader Joe's briefly carried a 15-year-old balsamic
    vinegar at about $5/250 ml. Much better (IMO) than their others, and
    comparable to some I've had at $20. Unfortunately, I only bought a few
    before they dropped it. (I've asked at stores, and been told variously
    that it didn't sell or was a one-time deal.)

    Can anyone here please either say where TJ bought the stuff, if the
    maker sells retail; or suggest another source of similar quality at a
    similar price?

    Thanks very much -

    Ctenos

  2. Ctenos said:

    A while back, Trader Joe's briefly carried a 15-year-old balsamic
    vinegar at about $5/250 ml. Much better (IMO) than their others, and
    comparable to some I've had at $20. Unfortunately, I only bought a few
    before they dropped it. (I've asked at stores, and been told variously
    that it didn't sell or was a one-time deal.)

    Can anyone here please either say where TJ bought the stuff, if the
    maker sells retail; or suggest another source of similar quality at a
    similar price?

    Thanks very much -

    Ctenos

    A few years ago, when I first started getting really into cooking, I
    found 365 Balsamic Vinegar at Whole Foods. They had a review in Cooks
    Illustrated magazine comparing BVs in various price ranges. The 365 won
    the under $20 going away, and Cook's said is was as good as anything
    they tested in the $25 - 50 range.
    Hope this helps in your world.

  3. "Ctenos" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    A while back, Trader Joe's briefly carried a 15-year-old balsamic vinegar
    at about $5/250 ml. Much better (IMO) than their others, and comparable to
    some I've had at $20. Unfortunately, I only bought a few before they
    dropped it. (I've asked at stores, and been told variously that it didn't
    sell or was a one-time deal.)

    Can anyone here please either say where TJ bought the stuff, if the maker
    sells retail; or suggest another source of similar quality at a similar
    price?

    Thanks very much -

    Ctenos

    I buy Costco's balsamic vinegar that they import and put the Kirkland name
    on it. . It isn't really that costly, but I think it a great value. I buy
    their brand of Tuscany Extra-virgin olive oil. I recommend both.
    dee dee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.