Cheap/good quality cranks.

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Go Race Face or Truvativ. But we must know
> > XC,DH,Freeride,or Urban.
> >

> I would suppose a mixture, I pretty much do the lot.

Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro, square
taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than hand
tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite a lot
of use since.

Shaun aRe

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Go Race Face or Truvativ. But we must know
>> > XC,DH,Freeride,or Urban.
>> >

>> I would suppose a mixture, I pretty much do the lot.

> Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro, square
> taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
> loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than
> hand
> tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
> successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite a
> lot
> of use since.
>

> Shaun aRe

Carrying on about trailside repairs, out of all the 10,000+ miles I did I
only got one puncture on a *long* journey, (and I was only 2 miles away from
home.) ;)

Ne><uS wrote:
> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>I would suppose a mixture, I pretty much do the lot.

>>Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro, square
>>taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
>>loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than
>>hand
>>tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
>>successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite a
>>lot
>>of use since.
>>

>>Shaun aRe
>>

> Carrying on about trailside repairs, out of all the 10,000+ miles I did I
> only got one puncture on a *long* journey, (and I was only 2 miles away from
> home.) ;)

Ah, then you're due for a good one soon.

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ne><uS wrote:
>> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro, square
>>>taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
>>>loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than
>>>hand
>>>tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
>>>successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite a
>>>lot
>>>of use since.
>>>

>>>Shaun aRe
>>>

>> Carrying on about trailside repairs, out of all the 10,000+ miles I did I
>> only got one puncture on a *long* journey, (and I was only 2 miles away
>> from home.) ;)

> Ah, then you're due for a good one soon.
>
> Matt

Had one a couple of weeks ago, on the way back from the shops. *sigh*

"Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >> >
> >> I would suppose a mixture, I pretty much do the lot.

> > Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro,

square
> > taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
> > loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than
> > hand
> > tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
> > successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite a
> > lot
> > of use since.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Carrying on about trailside repairs, out of all the 10,000+ miles I did I
> only got one puncture on a *long* journey, (and I was only 2 miles away

from
> home.) ;)

What's a 'p u n c t u r e'?

Shaun aRe - on 2 x Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.6's ',;~}~

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > "Ne><uS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Ones I'm using are cheap, and have done me alright - FSA PowerPro,

> square
>> > taper. Even the set I managed to mash the taper on, when the bolts came
>> > loose mid-ride, no tool to fix (I'd forgotten to tighten them more than
>> > hand
>> > tight a couple days before), had to keep on riding ,on them, have
>> > successfully been resurrected with beer can shims, and have seen quite
>> > lot
>> > of use since.
>> >

>> > Shaun aRe
>> >

>> Carrying on about trailside repairs, out of all the 10,000+ miles I did I
>> only got one puncture on a *long* journey, (and I was only 2 miles away

> from
>> home.) ;)

> What's a 'p u n c t u r e'?

That's all the fun, getting a puncture doing 50mph. ;)