Cheap online cycle wear

riceman

Sep 22, 2006
Can anyone recommend any good online stores for cycle wear that is well priced.

And will ship international (Japan).
Thank you.

i train in some of the nasbar line of clothing. inexpensive, wears well, comfortable enough for everyday riding, fits good enough to sweat in and when you hit the deck you haven't trashed a $80 team jersey and $120 pair of pro shorts.

don't misunderstand me. by no means it high quality italian pro-team kit, but i feel some of the line is a bargain.

http://www.nashbar.com/

No matter what's the price don't go cheap on the shorts. A good chamois is worth its weight in gold and good miles!

riceman said:
Can anyone recommend any good online stores for cycle wear that is well priced.

And will ship international (Japan).
Thank you.

cyclepromo said:
No matter what's the price don't go cheap on the shorts. A good chamois is worth its weight in gold and good miles!
What's a good chamois these days? Seemed to be all synthetic these days.

sogood said:
What's a good chamois these days? Seemed to be all synthetic these days.
Or should the question be "is a chamois really a chamois?" you are right about them being synthetic today, the good ones are nice on the behind tho. Very few makers put real buckskin chamois in their shorts these days. I must say the technology in padding/chamois and seat making are so much more advanced these days and my preference.

Answer to good online stores, There are quite a few good Ebay Stores which are generally shop owners who have diversified in their target market. Prices are quite reasonable including shipping. It's worth doing a search under stores or even the auctions part. I haven't had any problem with the big sellers with international transactions/postage.

CAMPYBOB said:
i train in some of the nasbar line of clothing. inexpensive, wears well, comfortable enough for everyday riding, fits good enough to sweat in and when you hit the deck you haven't trashed a $80 team jersey and $120 pair of pro shorts.

don't misunderstand me. by no means it high quality italian pro-team kit, but i feel some of the line is a bargain.

http://www.nashbar.com/
Not Nashbar for international. I ordered a HRM and a set of pedals in February, and haven't even received an email.

Thanks guys. The one place I will never make an order from is Nashbar:mad: . I ordered something’s from Nashbar never heard back from them so I called them after one week, was told they were waiting for shipping costs to Japan, After another week still nothing so I called them again they told me they were still waiting for shipping costs and they would mail me the next day . They did mail me the next day to advise me the items that I had on order are no longer available for shipping. So after spending 10 dollars on phone call from Japan to the US and still no clothes I wouldn’t **** on Nashbar if they were on fire in the desert.

I got some clothes from probikekit ordered on the Friday, got them in Australia on the following Tuesday, all the way from the UK.

Torpedo7 seems to be quite competitive too. I havn't used them, but colleagues have and were happy.

bobbyOCR said:
Not Nashbar for international. I ordered a HRM and a set of pedals in February, and haven't even received an email.

That's weird!! Not even an order conformation. Maybe your order was lost in cyberspace :eek:

Got the conformation as soon as I ordered it and gave my credit card details.

Xsmoker said:
That's weird!! Not even an order conformation. Maybe your order was lost in cyberspace :eek:

Thanks for the link I will try them next time.

mikesbytes said:
I got some clothes from probikekit ordered on the Friday, got them in Australia on the following Tuesday, all the way from the UK.

Torpedo7 seems to be quite competitive too. I havn't used them, but colleagues have and were happy.

Xsmoker said:
Oh, I did get the confirmation, but absolutely nothing else.

I suggest probikekit too. Cheap tires and clothes.

I've bought a bunch of the generic Performance Bike brand stuff, and find the shorts, tights, and jerseys work great for me ... relatively inexpensive, no bling factor, but do what I need.