Cheap shoes = less power transfer?

frenchyge said:
They tried black first, but it turns out the the red ones are up to 39% faster than the black ones. :)
Yeah, but the black ones were 39% cheaper, so I bought a pair before they were discontinued and dyed them red. I'm now 37.542% faster with shoes that cost me 39% less. The apparent discrepancy in the speed is due to the low quality dye I used. :D

I've also sent off for some titanium socks to reduce overall weight and drag.

accessname3.gif

access3.jpg

I just found out im a size 12 wearing size 13 shoes, my feet slide front to back and forth, been for the last two years. I'll have to change this specialized pair in for some some smaller ones. Me thinks I'll want a tight fit.

Seriously, back in the day wasnt the thing "clipped" pedals where you could simply use some pumas or converse or any tight laced shoe? Dont mean to vary from the posters Q. My $0.02, I can feel the ball of my foot making the contact pushing down and the heel pulling back, just as long as the sole is stiff. Maybe an improved pedaling technique would yield a more progressive power rate than spending plenty extra on shoes with cf soles and straps.

Sillyoldtwit, those look like something I would wear during the winter months while surfing.:D

Just wanted to say that I'm a newbie rider and have been trolling these forums for the past several months educating myself on the fine art of cycling.

Some of the discussions are totally over my head.

I'd like to thank Sillyoldtwit; for keeping this one in the realm of things I understand. :) Very funny.

Greymattar said:
Just wanted to say that I'm a newbie rider and have been trolling these forums for the past several months educating myself on the fine art of cycling.

I'd like to thank Sillyoldtwit; for keeping this one in the realm of things I understand. :) Very funny.
My pleasure GM. FYI, I'm doing research into go faster titanium underwear.

Of course you won't be able to wear anything over the underwear as that will nullify the effect of wearing titanium gear. So expect to see many cyclists in future cycling in just their underwear.

I'll keep you posted. TYSON:D

Greymattar said:

My pleasure GM. FYI, I'm doing research into go faster titanium underwear.

Of course you won't be able to wear anything over the underwear as that will nullify the effect of wearing titanium gear. So expect to see many cyclists in future cycling in just their underwear.

I'll keep you posted. TYSON:D