    You may fancy some of these

    http://tinyurl.com/cra4

    Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.

    Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
    > You may fancy some of these
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cra4
    >
    > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk

    By me. Had thought of posting here but wasn't sure of NG etiquette.

  3. "Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]_H_i_Sntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.

    Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving on a
    cheap unbranded tube?

  4. Toby Barrett

    Toby Barrett Guest

    "Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]_H_i_Sntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving on
    > a cheap unbranded tube?

    After changing a new H*lf*rds tube last night, I made the decision to buy decent ones in future. The
    tube had only been on for about a week, I'd inflated to a bit above 100psi that morning and it had
    split down the seam. No sign of any puncture.

    Toby

    PS. Having said that, I've had other H*lf*rds tubes in the past with no problem.

    --
    Remove spamtrap to reply by mail

  5. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
    > > You may fancy some of these
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/cra4
    > >
    > > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    > >
    > > Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk
    >
    > By me. Had thought of posting here but wasn't sure of NG etiquette.

    Everyone loves a bargain so fine I reckon.

  6. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]_H_i_Sntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving on
    > a cheap unbranded tube?

    Very true but I buy so many tubes at £5+ and still end up patching them a couple of times and then
    throwing them that for the price of 2 even if I only have 10 spares I'll be happy. Of course the
    minute one lets me down for whatever reason I'll be vowing never to buy cheap again.

  7. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Adrian Boliston wrote:
    > "Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]_H_i_Sntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving on
    > a cheap unbranded tube?

    I got a batch of these about two years ago to standardise on presta valves across several bikes. The
    ones I got were Raleigh branded, and they've been just fine. I think they were just doing it as a
    promotion to get people into the shop. Anyway, it worked, as I have ended up buying several bicycles
    from them for my friends, while they had a deal for a two year old Marin Bolinas Ridge for £200
    instead of £340.

    Jim Price

  8. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    > Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving on
    > a cheap unbranded tube?

    I've had no more problems in total with unbranded tubes than with major-brand ones. There are only a
    limited number of factories in the worls making inner tubes so you'll probably even end up with the
    same product sometimes. The unbranded or rebranded ones tend to be thicker - which do at least
    retain air longer than lighter tubes.

    However, Michelin tubes seem to be consistently reliable in experience so far.

    ~PB

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 28 May 2003 17:11:31 +0100, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >> Surely a tube is a pretty crucial component to get right.......is it worth scrimping and saving
    >> on a cheap unbranded tube?
    >
    >I've had no more problems in total with unbranded tubes than with major-brand ones. There are only
    >a limited number of factories in the worls making inner tubes so you'll probably even end up with
    >the same product sometimes. The unbranded or rebranded ones tend to be thicker - which do at least
    >retain air longer than lighter tubes.

    Pete

    I have had troubles with two tubes bought from Halfords. On both occasions the entire valve assembly
    (the whole sticky out bit) detached itself from the rest of the rest of the tube resulting in a
    explosive decompression. They sucked!

    Fortunately, having convinced the Halfords' staff that I was able to install a tube correctly, I was
    given a refund. Actually, I was pretty peeved at being asked about my competence on tube-fitting by
    a spotty, snotty teenager whom, I found out, couldn't actually fit a tube / tyre himself.

    James

  10. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    James Hodson wrote:
    > I have had troubles with two tubes bought from Halfords. On both occasions the entire valve
    > assembly (the whole sticky out bit) detached itself from the rest of the rest of the tube
    > resulting in a explosive decompression. They sucked!

    I've had that happen with Vittoria tubes as well.

    > Fortunately, having convinced the Halfords' staff that I was able to install a tube correctly, I
    > was given a refund. Actually, I was pretty peeved at being asked about my competence on
    > tube-fitting by a spotty, snotty teenager whom, I found out, couldn't actually fit a tube / tyre
    > himself.

    The HPX pump has many uses ;-)

    ~PB

  11. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "Stephen (aka steford)" <[email protected]_H_i_Sntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You may fancy some of these
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cra4
    >
    > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk

    Just arrived. 10 Raleigh tubes for £12.99. Can't be bad.

  12. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 28 May 2003 23:26:46 +0100, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >The HPX pump has many uses ;-)

    Sadly, Pete, only one of which is legal - unless one has strange

    Mr Mild Whiplash James
    PS NO Luncheon Vouchers

  13. Just bought some : they're excellent value, and what is even nicer is the way the invoice is
    made out :

    Ten inner tubes £ 49-99 Discount -£ 39-99 P&P £ 2-99 Total £ 12-99.

    The "Discount : £39-99" makes you really appreciate the price!

    Philip Taylor
    --------
    "Stephen (aka steford)" wrote:

    > You may fancy some of these
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cra4
    >
    > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    >
    > Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk

  14. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Thanks for that Phil,just ordered ten.

    Sam Salt

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just bought some : they're excellent value, and what is even nicer is the way the invoice is
    > made out :
    >
    > Ten inner tubes £ 49-99 Discount -£ 39-99 P&P £ 2-99 Total £ 12-99.
    >
    > The "Discount : £39-99" makes you really appreciate the price!
    >
    > Philip Taylor
    > --------
    > "Stephen (aka steford)" wrote:
    > >
    > > You may fancy some of these
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/cra4
    > >
    > > Don't know if they are any good but £10 for 10 plus £2.99 p&p isn't bad.
    > >
    > > Originally posted over at www.thedvdforums.co.uk

    ---