Cheap Walking Gear

Rebecca

Guest
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd let everyone know that with the season ending soon you'll
have to start getting your winter walker gear ready!

www.cheaptents.com is not only a website for tents but also sells
climbing boots, jackets, accessories (i.e GPS)and their all reduced!

Keep an eye out for the fortnightly reduction of one product which has
at least 20% off! If you need it quick then dont worry all our stock
gets delivered within 24hours providing that its in stock.

Hope this helps everyone thinking of buying their gear for winter.

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],

AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.

Jiffy

In article <[email protected]>, Graham
Dean said...
> Subject: Re: Cheap Walking Gear
> From: Graham Dean <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: uk.rec.walking

I worked with a Graham Dean once, in London. He lived in the
Tonbridge area.
--
/
Fran O(<|={

Jiffy wrote:
> Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],
>
> AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
> certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.
>
> Jiffy

Well - not disguised at all.

I guess that it was at least on topic.

and we've had only one.

and it didn't contain any stupid html.

All of which, for me, puts it into a sort of gray area. After all, no
one (AFAIK) has ever complained about Lindsays self-promotion of his
Caledonian Hilltreks business (oh b*gg*r - I've just advertised it again
for him!)

druidh

In article <[email protected]>, druidh
said...
> Jiffy wrote:
> > Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],
> >
> > AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
> > certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.
> >

> Well - not disguised at all.
>
> I guess that it was at least on topic.
>
> and we've had only one.

I don't have a problem with Rebecca's posts; after all, we've had
advance warning of Aldi and Lidl stuff and no one's complained.
Rebecca tends to post once with relevant information and then it's
down to us if we want to look into it any further. Technically I
suppose it's spam, but it's *useful* and therefore in my book it's OK.
Others will no doubt disagree with me, but... *shrug*.
--
/
Fran O(<|={

Sorry for offending anyone - However this was not disguised in any
other way than to let people know that our quality tents and walking
equipment are heavily discounted - I thought it was relevant to the
group.

Apologies

In article <[email protected]>,
Rebecca <[email protected]> writes
>Sorry for offending anyone - However this was not disguised in any
>other way than to let people know that our quality tents and walking
>equipment are heavily discounted - I thought it was relevant to the
>group.
>
>Apologies

Hi Rebecca,

Just so you know advertising is not allowed here (the official charter
can be seen here: http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.walking.html). It is
generally frowned upon even if some do find it acceptable.

I, and others here, have pointed people to your site in the past. If you
post a blatant advert again I will never do so again - indeed if it
continues I will recommend people avoid your site (as I would any other
organisation doing the same).

If instead of advertising you join in discussions with helpful
information (not just plugs for your products / site) your contributions
will be appreciated, your site will get more traffic and perhaps sales
too. Other retailers / service providers have done that successfully in
the past both here and in other groups.

If you decide to take that approach we will have a win/win situation
where the group benefits from your experience / advice and your company
benefits from a positively raised profile.

I sincerely hope you do adopt that approach and contribute positively to
the group.

--

Dominic Sexton

In article <[email protected]>, Graham
Dean said...

> "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Graham
> > Dean said...
> > > Subject: Re: Cheap Walking Gear
> > > From: Graham Dean <[email protected]>
> > > Newsgroups: uk.rec.walking
> > >

> > I worked with a Graham Dean once, in London. He lived in the
> > Tonbridge area.

> He was an imposter.

That would explain the dark glasses then.
--
/
Fran O(<|={