Cheap Walking Gear

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Rebecca, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Rebecca

    Rebecca Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I thought I'd let everyone know that with the season ending soon you'll
    have to start getting your winter walker gear ready!

    www.cheaptents.com is not only a website for tents but also sells
    climbing boots, jackets, accessories (i.e GPS)and their all reduced!

    Keep an eye out for the fortnightly reduction of one product which has
    at least 20% off! If you need it quick then dont worry all our stock
    gets delivered within 24hours providing that its in stock.

    Hope this helps everyone thinking of buying their gear for winter.

    Rebecca

    Tags:

  2. Jiffy

    Jiffy Guest

    Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],

    AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
    certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.

    Jiffy

  3. Graham Dean

    Graham Dean Guest

    "Jiffy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],
    >
    > AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
    > certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.
    >
    > Jiffy

    Didn't think it was disguised tho?

  4. Fran

    Fran Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Graham
    Dean said...
    > Subject: Re: Cheap Walking Gear
    > From: Graham Dean <[email protected]>
    > Newsgroups: uk.rec.walking

    I worked with a Graham Dean once, in London. He lived in the
    Tonbridge area.
    --
    /
    Fran O(<|={

  5. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Jiffy wrote:
    > Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],
    >
    > AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
    > certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.
    >
    > Jiffy

    Well - not disguised at all.

    I guess that it was at least on topic.

    and we've had only one.

    and it didn't contain any stupid html.

    All of which, for me, puts it into a sort of gray area. After all, no
    one (AFAIK) has ever complained about Lindsays self-promotion of his
    Caledonian Hilltreks business (oh b*gg*r - I've just advertised it again
    for him!)

    druidh

  6. Fran

    Fran Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, druidh
    said...
    > Jiffy wrote:
    > > Hello Rebecca @ [email protected],
    > >
    > > AFAIK, commercial postings are not acceptable in this group. They are
    > > certainly not acceptable when pathetically disguised.
    > >

    > Well - not disguised at all.
    >
    > I guess that it was at least on topic.
    >
    > and we've had only one.

    I don't have a problem with Rebecca's posts; after all, we've had
    advance warning of Aldi and Lidl stuff and no one's complained.
    Rebecca tends to post once with relevant information and then it's
    down to us if we want to look into it any further. Technically I
    suppose it's spam, but it's *useful* and therefore in my book it's OK.
    Others will no doubt disagree with me, but... *shrug*.
    --
    /
    Fran O(<|={

  7. Rebecca

    Rebecca Guest

    Sorry for offending anyone - However this was not disguised in any
    other way than to let people know that our quality tents and walking
    equipment are heavily discounted - I thought it was relevant to the
    group.

    Apologies

  8. Roy

    Roy Guest

    "Rebecca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I thought I'd let everyone know that with the season ending soon

    ??????? Eh. Blimey, I'd best get of my backside then.

    Roy.

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    Rebecca <[email protected]> writes
    >Sorry for offending anyone - However this was not disguised in any
    >other way than to let people know that our quality tents and walking
    >equipment are heavily discounted - I thought it was relevant to the
    >group.
    >
    >Apologies

    Hi Rebecca,

    Just so you know advertising is not allowed here (the official charter
    can be seen here: http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.walking.html). It is
    generally frowned upon even if some do find it acceptable.

    I, and others here, have pointed people to your site in the past. If you
    post a blatant advert again I will never do so again - indeed if it
    continues I will recommend people avoid your site (as I would any other
    organisation doing the same).

    If instead of advertising you join in discussions with helpful
    information (not just plugs for your products / site) your contributions
    will be appreciated, your site will get more traffic and perhaps sales
    too. Other retailers / service providers have done that successfully in
    the past both here and in other groups.

    If you decide to take that approach we will have a win/win situation
    where the group benefits from your experience / advice and your company
    benefits from a positively raised profile.

    I sincerely hope you do adopt that approach and contribute positively to
    the group.

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  10. Graham Dean

    Graham Dean Guest

    "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Graham
    > Dean said...
    > > Subject: Re: Cheap Walking Gear
    > > From: Graham Dean <[email protected]>
    > > Newsgroups: uk.rec.walking
    > >

    > I worked with a Graham Dean once, in London. He lived in the
    > Tonbridge area.
    > --
    > /
    > Fran O(<|={
    > \

    He was an imposter.

    Graham

  11. Fran

    Fran Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Graham
    Dean said...

    > "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Graham
    > > Dean said...
    > > > Subject: Re: Cheap Walking Gear
    > > > From: Graham Dean <[email protected]>
    > > > Newsgroups: uk.rec.walking
    > > >

    > > I worked with a Graham Dean once, in London. He lived in the
    > > Tonbridge area.

    > He was an imposter.

    That would explain the dark glasses then.
    --
    /
    Fran O(<|={