Cheaper alternative for Hayes bleed kit

j.r.hawkins

Jan 13, 2007
I need to cut the length of the rear hose on on a set of HFX-9s but I'm gagging on the idea of coughing up $50 (or $70 if I buy from King of the Mountain in Neutral Bay :eek: ) for the $14 worth of DOT 4 automotive brake fluid, a squeeze bottle and some small parts that's in their bleed kit.

Do any of you much wiser folk have suggestions, or must I just resign myself to paying these ugly prices? :confused:

Not an answer but a similar question! -

Anyone know the best place to get a bleeding kit for Hayes Sole hydraulic brakes (for a mtb)?
Thanks
Mick Webster

j.r.hawkins said:
I need to cut the length of the rear hose on on a set of HFX-9s but I'm gagging on the idea of coughing up $50 (or $70 if I buy from King of the Mountain in Neutral Bay :eek: ) for the $14 worth of DOT 4 automotive brake fluid, a squeeze bottle and some small parts that's in their bleed kit.

Do any of you much wiser folk have suggestions, or must I just resign myself to paying these ugly prices? :confused:

KOM can be a bit pricey for some things. Guess that's what comes from being at Neutral Bay. Anyway, try Torpedo7; they have a unversal kit for $24 AUD with $9 postage still works out far cheaper. Here's the link -

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/ALBPBNNUN&contentId=

Ignore my last post. Did not notice the kit was 'not ideally suited to the Hayes HFX9.' Sorry :eek: