cheapest KOM points in history?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Connelly, May 18, 2004.

  1. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  3. Dan Connelly <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In the Tour-of-Many-Syllables:
    > http://www.letour.com/stf/tlr/2004/fr/parcours_05.html
    >
    > Two climbs, each of 150 meters, each cat 1. Not bad
    > for 300 meters...
    >
    > The Tour this year is doubling points on terminal climbs, but
    > this seems to not be the case in TdMS:
    > http://www.letour.com/stf/tlr/2004/fr/reglement.html
    >

    > Dan

    Oh, Foo! And double foo!

    For a moment I thought they had finally put up the profiles for the
    non-mountain stages for the '04 Toor day France.

    Clearly the most amusing thing is the awarding KOM jersies before the
    real climbs commence. To those Jacky Durand-types who zip off the
    front for an easy care-free ride over Cat 4 bumps before being
    absorbed again as the sprinter trains home in on the finish line.

    Anything to get that sponsor's name proudly up before the cameras
    while the spanish fleas bide their time.

    Whee!