Cheapest place to buy spokes?

No_spam

Guest
Anyone got any recommendations on cheap shops for spokes or
are they all the same? Also what spoke do people use for
building a nice set of road race wheels (32h Mavic OP rims,
Hope hubs)? Is it worth doing for aero spokes and if so
which ones?

MTIA

Dan

what ever you do, use DT spokes for strength and
durability.. trust me

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:28:14 +0100,
webber_daniel@(no_spam)hotmail.com wrote:

>Anyone got any recommendations on cheap shops for spokes or
>are they all the same? Also what spoke do people use for
>building a nice set of road race wheels (32h Mavic OP rims,
>Hope hubs)? Is it worth doing for aero spokes and if so
>which ones?
>
>MTIA
>
>Dan

C H Tay [email protected]
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~s2800021/index.html

no_spam hotmail.com wrote:
> Anyone got any recommendations on cheap shops for spokes
> or are they all the same?

Prices vary a lot.

See www.parker-international.co.uk/wheels.htm for a start.

Apparently, the following German firm is worth using for
some spokes, despite postage costs:
http://www.roseversand.de/rose_main.cfm?spr_id=2

> Also what spoke do people use for building a nice set of
> road race wheels (32h Mavic OP rims, Hope hubs)?

Depends on your budget, weight and useage, but I'll assume
budget isn't too tight since you're going for Hope
hubs.......

Sapim Laser or DT Revolution are light and well fatigue
resistant. Consider thicker spokes for the rear drive side
(eg. DT Alpine III) if you want extra strength and don't
mind the few extra grams.

> Is it worth doing for aero spokes and if so which ones?

I would opt for Sapim CX-Ray if I could afford them - can be
lighter and stronger as well as aero! http://www.sapim.be

~PB

C H Tay wrote:
> what ever you do, use DT spokes for strength and
> durability.. trust me

Have you used Sapim spokes?

I have and they've proved strong and durable.

~PB

"Pete Biggs" <pclemantine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> C H Tay wrote:
> > what ever you do, use DT spokes for strength and
> > durability.. trust me
>
> Have you used Sapim spokes?

I recently built a pair of mtb wheels with Sapims, no
problems yet!
--
Regards, Pete