cheapie fixie hubs?

Flyingdutch: do you have some cheap fixed-gear hubs? Possibly for 110mm
spacing?

I got a Malvern Star Skidstar setup as an mtb yesterday but it has a
ghastly coaster-brake hub. Fixed would be lovely.

-- gecko

Flyingdutch: do you have some cheap fixed-gear hubs? Possibly for 110mm
spacing?

I got a Malvern Star Skidstar setup as an mtb yesterday but it has a
ghastly coaster-brake hub. Fixed would be lovely.

-- gecko

Heyzooos!

this is turning into a fulltime job! :D

Im thinkin I will order in a dozen of em as the list of buyers is growin faster than an illegal-marina (Melb-joke)
They are spaced (currently for 120mm) but i hink there might be abit of leeway there or a few extra spacers in there. I'll check tonight

F"fbay"Dutch

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] Wrote:
> > Flyingdutch: do you have some cheap fixed-gear hubs? Possibly for 110mm
> > spacing?
> >
> > I got a Malvern Star Skidstar setup as an mtb yesterday but it has a
> > ghastly coaster-brake hub. Fixed would be lovely.
> >
> > -- gecko

> Heyzooos!
>
> this is turning into a fulltime job! :D
>
> Im thinkin I will order in a dozen of em as the list of buyers is
> growin faster than an illegal-marina (Melb-joke)
> They are spaced (currently for 120mm) but i hink there might be abit of
> leeway there or a few extra spacers in there. I'll check tonight
>
> F"fbay"Dutch
>
> --
> flyingdutch

What sort of $$ are we talking here Dutch??

Gags

[email protected] wrote:
> Flyingdutch: do you have some cheap fixed-gear hubs? Possibly for 110mm
> spacing?
>
> I got a Malvern Star Skidstar setup as an mtb yesterday but it has a
> ghastly coaster-brake hub. Fixed would be lovely.

I just run a standard freewheel hub with an old BB lockring on my Skidstar:

http://www.businessprojects.com.au/bikes/skidstar/rear_hub.jpg

C'mon - it is a Skidstar, it is not as if it is going to get any _real_
riding :)

Brian

Apart from being the local hub dealer (psssst need a fix??) how's the
wheel building going. It's important you work it out so that when I have
a go there is someone pedalling distance away to take my mess and
suggest where I went wrong. :)

DaveB "one last assignment this weekend and then it's down to the shed"

DaveB said:
Apart from being the local hub dealer (psssst need a fix??) how's the
wheel building going. It's important you work it out so that when I have
a go there is someone pedalling distance away to take my mess and
suggest where I went wrong. :)

DaveB "one last assignment this weekend and then it's down to the shed"

i doubt one OK(ish) wheel makes me some blackbelt!
Its done. havent put it on a bike yet. just admiring its uncanny similarity to a wheel :D
The only way i could suggest where you went wrong is if i did a hundred and made every mistake first myself and then related them back to you like some ol' warstory :D:D

F"when-I-were-a-lad-we-were-so-poor-we-ad-square-wheels...Looooky!"Dutch

"Brian Watson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Flyingdutch: do you have some cheap fixed-gear hubs? Possibly for 110mm
>> spacing?
>>
>> I got a Malvern Star Skidstar setup as an mtb yesterday but it has a
>> ghastly coaster-brake hub. Fixed would be lovely.

> I just run a standard freewheel hub with an old BB lockring on my
> Skidstar:
>
> http://www.businessprojects.com.au/bikes/skidstar/rear_hub.jpg
>
> C'mon - it is a Skidstar, it is not as if it is going to get any _real_
> riding :)
>
> Brian

Is it anything like this: http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.htm

I want me one o' those.

Resound wrote:
> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>Resound wrote:
>>>Is it anything like this: http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.htm
>>>I want me one o' those.

>>You do know it's the same bike don'tcha?
>>and a lovely one at that Wato! :D

> Um...
> Uh...
> *looks sheepish*
> Yes! I knew that! *clears throat* Just seeing if you were paying attention.
> Yeah. That's it. Attention.
> Or something.

hehe.. I thought you were taking the ****! Obviously not. I'll forgive
you, it's late.. yes.. fark! It's late!! I'm going! :S

hippy

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 at 12:00 GMT, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
> F"when-I-were-a-lad-we-were-so-poor-we-ad-square-wheels...Looooky!"Dutch

Here siggy!

The triangle wheel was an improvement upon the square wheel:
It eliminates one bump.

flyingdutch said:
just org'd some pix. Its a 'Quando' brand. made in Taiwan
(just like them italian bikes :) )

One bare and the other with a 16T freewheel and a 15T cog/lockring on the other side (that's mine! get your eyes off it!)

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/hub/hub01.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/hub/hub_02.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/hub/hub_03.jpg
cheers

F"hubay"Dutch

Quando is the brand fuji use for their cheaper track bike. I've had my fuji for almost a year with no problems. The hubs aren't super smooth but they do the job. Just have to remember to strip 'em for a good clean and re-greasing every once in a while.

cheers
koon

flyingdutch wrote:
> Brian Watson Wrote:
>
>>Only hub01 works - the other 2 give 404 errors...
>>
>>Brian

> '404 error' is cos you tried to stop pedalling, right?
>
> fixed.sorry :rolleyes:

Still getting 404s.

--
Nick

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Resound wrote:
> >> Is it anything like this:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.htm
> >> I want me one o' those.

> > You do know it's the same bike don'tcha?
> > and a lovely one at that Wato! :D
> >
> > hippy

> Um...
>
> Uh...
>
> *looks sheepish*
>
> Yes! I knew that! *clears throat* Just seeing if you were paying

attention.

> Yeah. That's it. Attention.
>

> Or something.
> *hides*

There is one of these on ebay at the moment.......

http://tinyurl.com/5v5uo

Looks pretty nice but would look better as a fixie.

Ride On,

Gags