cheapie fixie hubs?

"Gags" <gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

> http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.htm
>> >
>> > You do know it's the same bike don'tcha?
>> > and a lovely one at that Wato! :D
>> >
>> > hippy

>> Um...
>>
>> Uh...
>>
>> *looks sheepish*
>>
>> Yes! I knew that! *clears throat* Just seeing if you were paying

> attention.
>>
>> Yeah. That's it. Attention.
>>

>> Or something.
>> *hides*
>>

> There is one of these on ebay at the moment.......
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5v5uo
>
> Looks pretty nice but would look better as a fixie.
>
> Ride On,
>
> Gags

That's just cruel as a) I can't really spend and money at the moment, b) if
I could spend money my gfx card just died...9600XT go pop :mad: and c) that's
waaaay too close to original to go buggerising about with. If I could find a
slightly sketchy bare frame like Brian did, that'd be perfect, but I
wouldn't tear that thing apart. I just can't be trusted with really nice
things, and I know it.

So, Mr. Dutch, I must have missed something waay back - what's the story
with these hubs? Do you have a stock of them you are trying to
off-load?? :)

Brian

Brian Watson said:
So, Mr. Dutch, I must have missed something waay back - what's the story
with these hubs? Do you have a stock of them you are trying to
off-load?? :)

Brian

bought 3 of them during travels and my contact has more.
I think he mentione dsomething about buying out a whole shiteload at some auctionhouse or something like that?)

PS to all apparently the bearings in these are so-so (remember that price!) perhaps get em replaced/regreased when getting the wheel built up. no idea what bearings cost but they're just little steel balls, right?

F"when-in-doubt-bang-it-out!"Dutch