Check Out Bahati Being Taken Out



Status
Not open for further replies.

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
It's a pretty ****ty way to take someone down - but from that angle you can't really be sure that he didnt try to dodge someone mid corner and just bagged it on the exit and "kinda sorta unintentionally" leaned into him or just plain just leaned into him with the intention of taking him down. Hardly in the same league of skullduggery as the Theo Bos/Impey incident... and hardly a ban for life situation.
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
Thanks for that post, Bro. I'd been wondering how that mess really went down as I don't believe too much of what I read in the media. Of course, the cycling media has been trying to make Bahati out as the bad guy in all this. That was all too obvious...f*** giving the benefit of the doubt on that one.

It will be interesting to see who gets the punishment in this. I certainly have a good idea:mad: and I hope I'm wrong...Nonetheless, Bahati was WAY wrong for throwing something (again, according to the cycling media) at a UHC rider afterwards though - he deserves some punishment for that...
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
swampy1970 said:
It's a pretty ****ty way to take someone down - but from that angle you can't really be sure that he didnt try to dodge someone mid corner and just bagged it on the exit and "kinda sorta unintentionally" leaned into him or just plain just leaned into him with the intention of taking him down. Hardly in the same league of skullduggery as the Theo Bos/Impey incident... and hardly a ban for life situation.

The Bos-Impey situation is nothing compared to this. Bos took his hands off the bars to either steady himself or move Impey in a tight situation. When Bos started to crash he instinctivly gripped Impey's jersey and brought both of them down. It was stupid, but it was not deliberate.

In this situation Keough deliberately hooked Bahati and took thirty guys down. This was not a little move to the right. It was a hard swerve over Bahati's wheel. Keough looked back to make sure he took Bahati down and then rejoined the pack.

At least Bahati has manned up and said he lost his cool when he threw his glasses.
 

Eldron

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
968
2
0
Bro Deal said:
The Bos-Impey situation is nothing compared to this. Bos took his hands off the bars to either steady himself or move Impey in a tight situation. When Bos started to crash he instinctivly gripped Impey's jersey and brought both of them down. It was stupid, but it was not deliberate.
.

What? When you start crashing you pull somebody down with you - you don't throw them ahead of you into the barrier and land on them.

Bos didn't take his HANDS off the bars - he took his right hand off the bars. You should have another look at the vid...

It was deliberate, dangerous and dirty.
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
Eldron said:
What? When you start crashing you pull somebody down with you - you don't throw them ahead of you into the barrier and land on them.

Bos didn't take his HANDS off the bars - he took his right hand off the bars. You should have another look at the vid...

It was deliberate, dangerous and dirty.

You need to take a physics class. There is no way Bos grabbed Impey and threw him in front of his bike. Cannot happen despite what you think you saw in the video. A handful of jersey does not even provide the connection needed to "throw" someone.

Bos was being squeezed into the barriers. He used a hand to try to push Impey away and then hit the leg of a barrier. He was going down before anything happened to Impey. Bos instinctively or stupidly grabbed Impey's jersey as he was beginning to crash, and Impey then got jerked off his bike in such a way that it looks like he was thrown in front of Bos. There is nothing to suggest that it was deliberate.
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
Bro Deal said:
The Bos-Impey situation is nothing compared to this. Bos took his hands off the bars to either steady himself or move Impey in a tight situation. When Bos started to crash he instinctivly gripped Impey's jersey and brought both of them down. It was stupid, but it was not deliberate.

In this situation Keough deliberately hooked Bahati and took thirty guys down. This was not a little move to the right. It was a hard swerve over Bahati's wheel. Keough looked back to make sure he took Bahati down and then rejoined the pack.

At least Bahati has manned up and said he lost his cool when he threw his glasses.

A refresher. Bos clearly grabs his jersey before he starts to go down...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8K_7bJQaaI]YouTube - Theo Bos and Daryl Impey Crash (slow mo) - Tour Of Turkey stage 8[/ame]

So why do you grab someones jersey (rather than slightly push the rider infront) when you've ridden yourself into a tight spot?
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
swampy1970 said:
A refresher. Bos clearly grabs his jersey before he starts to go down...

Exactly. He was getting squeezed into the barriers. He used a hand to move Impey and then hit part of the barrier.
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
Did you hear about the punishment Keough got for that move? Yeah, neither have I...:rolleyes:

USAC Rulebook
Chapter 1 General Regulations
Section Q Conduct
Rule #6 "No rider may make an abrupt motion so as to interfere with the forward progress of another rider either intentionally, or by accident..."
Subject to a 20 day suspension if crash results.

Seems pretty vague with lots of grey area to me...:rolleyes:
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
Maybe the commisaires had a clearer view of what happened during the corner they'd just exited and spotted something going on then. You can't really see too much of anything apart from the exit to the corner on the video.

Crashes happen... You're gonna end up on the deck because of some dumba$s at somepoint.

What's almost as laughable is that the dude (who got taken out) is still making an a$s of himself infront of the crowd when the bunch comes back around again. Not really too sure what he's hoping to gain from that and why he can't just do what most folks to and give the other guy a piece of his mind back where all the team cars/buses are parked. With that performance who does he think he is - Samuel L Jackson with dreads and a skid lid on his head?
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
^^^Quite obvious you haven't put on a race number recently (in the last 10 years) otherwise you'd be just as ****** as any racer would be if someone just pulled a stunt like that...

Keough is lucky it wasn't me he pulled that boner on as he would've had to pull my fist out of his mouth...Bahati has every right to be ******, and demonstrably so - and the other riders that went down were ****** at Keough as well.

Yeah, Bibendum, we all look like Samuel L. Jackson. You are truly an ignorant fat a$$...go ride your bike (and keep your mouth shut) like I've told you many a time...

I understand he threw his glasses at Keough at some point. As I said above, he's lucky it wasn't me as it would've been much more than glasses that got thrown...
 

classic1

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
11,491
2,085
113
tonyzackery said:
^^^Quite obvious you haven't put on a race number recently (in the last 10 years) otherwise you'd be just as ****** as any racer would be if someone just pulled a stunt like that...

Keough is lucky it wasn't me he pulled that boner on as he would've had to pull my fist out of his mouth...Bahati has every right to be ******, and demonstrably so - and the other riders that went down were ****** at Keough as well.

Yeah, Bibendum, we all look like Samuel L. Jackson. You are truly an ignorant fat a$$...go ride your bike (and keep your mouth shut) like I've told you many a time...

I understand he threw his glasses at Keough at some point. As I said above, he's lucky it wasn't me as it would've been much more than glasses that got thrown...

Was this at a bike race or the local public dunny?

Bahati has no right to be throwing stuff at other riders and should get a holiday from the commassaires. Keough too if he is deemed to have delibrately taken riders out, which it appears he did.

Also Tony, can you confirm if it is true us blue eyed devils all look like Howdy Doody? :p
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
Tony,

You like to band the ol' Michelin Man jibe around yet one thing escapes you.

11906d1270521964-somethings-going-right-pro-peleton-376481992_kqcqu-l-jpg



michelin_man_hi.gif



You both share the same position - one that you never change, even when sprinting to a 4th place podium.

But as Classo pointed out - if you wanna "sort stuff out" you should be doing it without the 'spoiled kid' attitude and away from the public. I'm sure the sponsors of this pro/am race were just chuffed that 'little Johnny' decided to through a tizzy fit. Maybe he should take punching lessons from Bernard Hinault and how to do it after the finish line.

Race... if you wanna man up and do something harder than a 40 minute sprint around the local town center then you know what I'm entering this year. Feel free to give it a whirl too. Man up ***** or is 29,000ft of climbing in two days too much for you?
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
From other sprinters in the race:

Team Type 1’s Hanson was near the front during the final laps. “There was just a lot of contact,” he said. “You know, guys leaning on each other, head butting each other, that started with about 10 laps to go. It was excessive,” said Hanson. “They almost spent more time focusing on each other than racing their bikes.”
“From my perspective, there was a lot of instigation,” said Hanson. “In bike racing etiquette, when one guy’s team is controlling the front, they’re working to lead their sprinter out and you have to give them the back of that train. What I saw was Bahati and other people putting more contact onto Keough and that was completely unnecessary. They have to respect the fact that his team is controlling the front.”

Bissell’s Wamsley was frustrated by the impact of the UHC/Bahati feud on the remainder of the field. “For whatever reason, United and Bahati were taking swings at each other for no good reason. They were swinging like they were going to get swarmed, but everyone was lining up behind Rahsaan,” said Wamsley. “It’s very frustrating for the rest of us, even the guys that didn’t go down, because they torched the end of the race for the whole field. It was a lot of aggression that should have been focused on the finish line instead of each other.”

Jamis-Sutter Home’s Borrajo was more direct in his opinion following the race. “Bahati today was so crazy,” said Borrajo. “It was wrong, he was so wrong, because he was fighting the United guy in the train. I don’t know why he was fighting for the train’s wheel. He was bad. He was wrong and he made the crash.”

VeloNews.com - Rahsaan Bahati: UnitedHealthcare crashed me at Dana Point

Sounds like "what goes around, comes around...."
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
^^^Bibendum, I'm still waiting for you to post up your pic of your ability to get into YOUR drops, anonomous fat man - still got that dozen doughnuts waitin' for ya' - this is a wager you can't lose...until then, you and your anonomous pissants have ZERO cred:D...

No race number in the past 15 years? Again, no cred...
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
classic1 said:
Was this at a bike race or the local public dunny?

Bahati has no right to be throwing stuff at other riders and should get a holiday from the commassaires. Keough too if he is deemed to have delibrately taken riders out, which it appears he did.

Also Tony, can you confirm if it is true us blue eyed devils all look like Howdy Doody? :p

Heck, I have no idea what you look like - you're in the same club as Bibendum to me...Here's a free tip - go look in the mirror as that should give you a pretty good indication as to what you look like, and if you do indeed look like Howdy Doody I'd suggest you're long overdue for a makeover:D...
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
tonyzackery said:
^^^Bibendum, I'm still waiting for you to post up your pic of your ability to get into YOUR drops, anonomous fat man - still got that dozen doughnuts waitin' for ya' - this is a wager you can't lose...until then, you and your anonomous pissants have ZERO cred:D...

No race number in the past 15 years? Again, no cred...

You think you have cred just because you? Google your name and club and just see DNF after DNF listed on the first page of google results - and these are for 45 minute crits.

Quitter.

You want cred and you claim "podium finish" only to be called out that you finished 4th.

Liar.

Don't worry about me. Worry more about your sit up and beg position. If you cease to be a wind break you might be able to do something with that 1800+ watts of anaerobic fury you claim to have. I'm guessing that the pasty little white guy that just rode away from you in the last 200 meters in your '4th place podium' race must have had 2500+ watts. :p
 

tonyzackery

Well-Known Member
Dec 23, 2006
3,517
80
0
56
swampy1970 said:
You think you have cred just because you? Google your name and club and just see DNF after DNF listed on the first page of google results - and these are for 45 minute crits.

Quitter.

You want cred and you claim "podium finish" only to be called out that you finished 4th.

Liar.

Don't worry about me. Worry more about your sit up and beg position. If you cease to be a wind break you might be able to do something with that 1800+ watts of anaerobic fury you claim to have. I'm guessing that the pasty little white guy that just rode away from you in the last 200 meters in your '4th place podium' race must have had 2500+ watts. :p

Come on, anonomous fat man. Post up that pic of you gettin' in your own drops - I dare ya'. I suggest you consult your physician first as I think you might harm yourself. I still got those doughnuts on offer and I know they're startin' to talk to ya'...Heck, I'll even throw in a gallon of vanilla ice cream just to sweeten the deal...

The fact that you have "ZERO/No Cred" stems from your attempts to disparage my results when you got NONE aka ZERO to post of your own. Come on big boy, when was the last time you put on a race number for a mass start race?

Anonomous + Fat A$$ + No Cred = Bibendum, aka YOU:D...It must surely suck to be a nobody...

Bib, you're amusing to me and it's sometimes entertaining to make fun of those who are too mentally challenged to realize it...come again, fat man...
 

swampy1970

Well-Known Member
Feb 3, 2008
10,098
428
83
tonyzackery said:
Come on, anonomous fat man. Post up that pic of you gettin' in your own drops - I dare ya'. I suggest you consult your physician first as I think you might harm yourself. I still got those doughnuts on offer and I know they're startin' to talk to ya'...Heck, I'll even throw in a gallon of vanilla ice cream just to sweeten the deal...

The fact that you have "ZERO/No Cred" stems from your attempts to disparage my results when you got NONE aka ZERO to post of your own. Come on big boy, when was the last time you put on a race number for a mass start race?

Anonomous + Fat A$$ + No Cred = Bibendum, aka YOU:D...It must surely suck to be a nobody...

Bib, you're amusing to me and it's sometimes entertaining to make fun of those who are too mentally challenged to realize it...come again, fat man...

So, ever since you offered up a pic of you claiming to finish 3rd you've been enamoured with me riding on the drops... Why? At least I've never had to resort to lying about stuff.

Don't need the donuts... had one the other week but not that into them right now. Same with the ice cream... even the beer too. You can tell when I'm on a mission when the beer stops. ;) I guess that's why I've gone from 203 to 178lbs in a few months... Should be sub 160lb come Sept.

True. I shouldn't be disparaging your results... My apologies on that one but it would appear that if you posted all your results they'd do the disparaging for me.

Speaking of physicians, I get to go for a full lung function test next week at a brand new facility with state of the art gear. Should be interesting. Also getting tested to see why my hematocrit and haemaglobin levels are elevated. The specialist and doc that I see are both into sports (a runner and a swimmer) and actually dig (and wonder about) the powertap data I give 'em.

Two reasons why I don't race crits 'n sh1t:

Crits are boring. I hated them back then I still don't really like the idea now. I tolerated them in the UK when there was nothing else on that weekend. I'd rather do a 50mile TT and stare at my front wheel for almost 2 hours. I gave up racing cars here in the US because it got boring, despite being regional champ in my class. Too much travel for too little fun... too much time away from the family, which was the ultimate kicker.

The races I am gonna do need to not only have the challenge offered by the race but also by the course. If the course doesn't offer a challenge in so much that I'm going to finish regardless then it's too easy, which is why for this year, at least, the Everest Challenge is it. There are a couple of early races that looked interesting but they clash with things that I'm already commited too. These days, more than ever, getting in those weekends and keeping work commitments takes precedence. Even the Mt Diablo hill climb clashes with other stuff - like the Alta Alpina Challenge. Why climb one mountain when you can climb 8 in a day?

You man up and do (and finish) the Alta Alpina in June and I'll come up there in Aug and do a crit with ya big boy. The AAC is only 198miles, 21,000ft of climbing with 12,000ft of the hardest stuff in the last 75miles - and those are like one big slow motion uphill time trial to beat the cutoff times. Over 300 started - only 30 something beat the freezing cold, ice, snow and rain for finish all 8. California in June, aye ;) Or you could just join me in racing the Everest Challenge.

I love the mountains... We used to turn vacations into "training weeks" in the Alps, Pyrenees and Tenerife. Now I live not to far from the Sierras. I'd even dig something like the Furnace Creek 508 than the stuff you do. Nothing more to say really.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads