check out leiswyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jtn

if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be kickin some ass.. he got 3rd in the
tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be kickin
some
> ass.. he got 3rd in the tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....

He could have been a contender. He may STILL be a contender. It's a long season.

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be kickin some ass.. he got 3rd in
> the tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....

Somehow I don't think Lieswyn or any of the Healthnet guys truly intended to go for GC, seeing as it
will ultimately come down to the Gentings Highland climb as it always has. Stage wins and sprint
jerseys are likely to be their goal for Langkawi, so the shoulda, woulda, coulda stuff is as
meaningless as ever.

The Gentings Highland finish is surreal: with the 95 degree heat and 90% humidity on essentially
flat stages, you have been cooking yourself and slathering on sunblock every 20 minutes (unless you
are a dumbass who thinks you'll tan by going from a winter climate north of the 45th latitude to the
equator). You climb this rather steep, 15 mile long hill to finish (quite thrashed from the effort)
in the clouds at a silvery castle-like mountaintop resort. The temperature is about 20 degrees
lower, and having felt like you have been on a rotisserie spit for the previous stages, is by
contrast a bit chilly. As you creep past the finish line you are greeted and cheered on by
Westerners dressed up in clown and jester costumes (they are the entertainers at the resorts).

Then back to reality as you are loaded up in buses and trucked back down the hill to the sweaty
tropics of KL.

yaaaaaaa, after reading his story your right on. until moninger wrecked he was the "gc" guy and the
rest were for gord. i just think they may have made a mistake in their gc selection...

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be kickin
some
> > ass.. he got 3rd in the tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....
>
> Somehow I don't think Lieswyn or any of the Healthnet guys truly intended to go for GC, seeing as
> it will ultimately come down to the Gentings Highland climb as it always has. Stage wins and
> sprint jerseys are likely to be their goal for Langkawi, so the shoulda, woulda, coulda stuff is
> as meaningless as ever.
>
> The Gentings Highland finish is surreal: with the 95 degree heat and 90% humidity on essentially
> flat stages, you have been cooking yourself and slathering on sunblock every 20 minutes (unless
> you are a dumbass who thinks you'll tan by going from a winter climate north of the 45th latitude
> to the equator). You climb this rather steep, 15 mile long hill to finish (quite thrashed from the
> effort) in the clouds at a silvery castle-like mountaintop resort. The temperature is about 20
> degrees lower, and having felt like you have been on a rotisserie spit for the previous stages, is
> by contrast a bit chilly. As you creep past the finish line you are greeted and cheered on by
> Westerners dressed up in clown and jester costumes (they are the entertainers at the resorts).
>
> Then back to reality as you are loaded up in buses and trucked back down the hill to the sweaty
> tropics of KL.

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be
kickin
> > some
> > > ass.. he got 3rd in the tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....
> >
> > He could have been a contender. He may STILL be a contender. It's a long season.
>
> He should be going well by Georgia.

I've been watching him for several years and I can't understand why he is sooo fast and never seems
to get that win.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > > if he could have stayed with em the first few stages he would be
> kickin some
> > > > ass.. he got 3rd in the tt down in Malaysia.....what a ride....
> > >
> > > He could have been a contender. He may STILL be a contender. It's a long season.
> >
> > He should be going well by Georgia.
>
> I've been watching him for several years and I can't understand why he is sooo fast and never
> seems to get that win.

'cuz he's clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.