Check out my commute to work!

Jur,

I thought you were about to ride past my house on Colchester Rd but you turned off!!!

I love it!! Good work!

I've been contemplating 'long playing' on my DV Camera my ride to work. I feel inspired.

Cheers
Ant

parawolf said:
Mate, absolutely brillant. Lovely ride too.

So you stopped to take most of the photos? i'd love to get a little barrell mounted camera for the helmet and a press button on the handle bars...
I stopped for a fair few but most were taken on the fly. I rode with the camera in my right hand all the way, it ached damnably when I got to work.

A helmet cam would work great.

Excellent ride!! :cool:

Near the end several pix were missing, captions there ok, is it my download or your server? :confused:

Edit: yes the refresh fixed the problem.. all pix good!! :)

gclark8 said:
Excellent ride!! :cool:

Near the end several pix were missing, captions there ok, is it my download or your server? :confused:
All came through for me, although I had to refresh once.
Hey Jur, Your best time of 54 minutes, was that on the single speed?????

Jur,

You've intruiged me with your route off Heatherdale Rd. I usually trudge up that hill, but I must say your route seems infinitely more appealing.

Is there a sealed only option on your back street/track venture?

I'm building up to riding from Colchester Rd to Eaglemont (Heidelberg) each day and any way to improve my enjoyment is worthwhile on that trek!

Cheers
Ant

peterlip said:
All came through for me, although I had to refresh once.
Hey Jur, Your best time of 54 minutes, was that on the single speed?????
Nope that was on my Giant CRX2. I arrived soaked in sweat.

WrxAnt said:
Jur,

You've intruiged me with your route off Heatherdale Rd. I usually trudge up that hill, but I must say your route seems infinitely more appealing.

Is there a sealed only option on your back street/track venture?

I'm building up to riding from Colchester Rd to Eaglemont (Heidelberg) each day and any way to improve my enjoyment is worthwhile on that trek!

Cheers
Ant
Yeah that is some trek all right.

I haven't looked at Davison St and Orient av, but I have looked at Munro st and things are a bit bumpy there if you were looking for a flattish way. The only gravel bit in the attachment is about 30m parallel with Davison st. The indicated route is what I often take if I'm interested in breaking records.

I used to pore over contour maps to find the best route, but these days of improved fitness I look at hills as interval training.

What a great ride! (and well documented!) Gives me an idea for an activity for my geography students.
Recognised many of the attractions as I love riding the Dande Crk trail.
I would try the same thing but my daily "commute" would download on a dialup in about 5 sec flat. :( I might have to start looking for some alternative longer routes to work.

Oh yeah, and I nearly forgot...
anyone caught defacing an Oppy memorial should have their right hand cut off.

Thanks for the glimps, I thought I was the only fool who rode 27+ klm to work:D , your ride is much safer than mine, although I have only one spot with vicious maggies, ours hung around August to October can you believe it!!!. :mad: I can only sing the praises of your still photo journey thanks for letting us in for a peak.

:) :) :)

That looks like a very intensive ride, especially coming from the other side of Mt. Dandy. Awesome pics, you should definitely do one for the Dandy climb (personal favourite!).

mjs4300 said:
Thanks for the glimps, I thought I was the only fool who rode 27+ klm to work:D , your ride is much safer than mine, although I have only one spot with vicious maggies, ours hung around August to October can you believe it!!!. :mad: I can only sing the praises of your still photo journey thanks for letting us in for a peak.
:) :) :)
Just out of curiosity, you 27+km commuters, how many times per week do you commute? Mine is 33 km, and I can only manage twice per week, and that last 5 km of the 2nd ride feels very long....

jur said:
I do it every day. Any weather. I detest driving.
This is a long shot, but is there any chance you could help me out. I used to live at 48 Hamilton Road, just at the bottom of
Glen Park Road, in the early seventies before we moved to the UK. I was amazed at seeing how things had changed up towards the Dandenongs, on one of my rides, I used to carry my bike up the firetrack and then ride down from Sassafras thru Montrose.Anyway getting to the point how do you fancy taking photos down Hamilton Road then along Glen Park Ave and on thru up Bayswater High St? I know its a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks