Check out my Klein design!

AvgTdFsizeguy

Dec 3, 2003
Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but I won this contest this past summer and am really psyched about getting my new Klein (q-pro) this winter and finally had to tell someone about it. Definitely couldn't afford one otherwise...

Klein Design Contest 2003

Don't know why I used the MTB for the design (I'm a roadie), guess it just seemed to make more sense, plus the idea of glow in the dark paint seemed pretty funny. The winner gets their choice of palomino or q-pro regardless of what type of bike they submit in their design. The deadline for next year's contest is Jan 1st so get those entries in quick!

Kevin

Originally posted by AvgTdFsizeguy
Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but I won this contest this past summer and am really psyched about getting my new Klein (q-pro) this winter and finally had to tell someone about it. Definitely couldn't afford one otherwise...

Don't know why I used the MTB for the design (I'm a roadie), guess it just seemed to make more sense, plus the idea of glow in the dark paint seemed pretty funny. The winner gets their choice of palomino or q-pro regardless of what type of bike they submit in their design. The deadline for next year's contest is Jan 1st so get those entries in quick!

Kevin

Nice Job, I love it

Nice design Kevin. I agree with you that it works better as a MTB. A glow in the dark frame would be nice for my nighttime commutes though.

Very impressive. I saw that contest and thought no way could I win that. Maybe next year.....

Kevin
:cool: Congratulations

Thanks a lot guys. You know, the deadline last year was extended by 2 months and I'm pretty sure it's because they didn't get enough entries. Just by odds alone (the year before they got about 600 entries) the chances of winning are not bad at all so I highly recommend giving it a shot. Just imagine a paint job that you'd like to have. How hard can that be? We've all done that at least once, right? If I can do it then just about anyone can! C'mon, have you seen how much those bikes cost?!?

Congratulations! The "X-Ray" is a superb design!

The official contest rules say entries may be submitted via e-mail. But there is no e-mail address in the rules, or anywhere else on the Klein site. And when I contacted Klein Customer Service for an e-mail address, they just replied that "there is not a specific e-mail address for competition submissions," and then directed me back to the website to download the snail-mail form.

Time is short at this point. May I ask if you know of an address for electronic submissions?

Many thanks! - Tom

Kevin

Originally posted by th1954
Congratulations! The "X-Ray" is a superb design!

The official contest rules say entries may be submitted via e-mail. But there is no e-mail address in the rules, or anywhere else on the Klein site. And when I contacted Klein Customer Service for an e-mail address, they just replied that "there is not a specific e-mail address for competition submissions," and then directed me back to the website to download the snail-mail form.

Time is short at this point. May I ask if you know of an address for electronic submissions?

Many thanks! - Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the congrats. I don't think they're accepting email submissions this year. I'm sure if your design is postmarked by the deadline then there wouldn't be a problem because last year's rules were a little flexible about that. Sorry you don't have more time, but best of luck to you.

And yes, Duckwah, the contest is only for paint job design.

Kevin: thanks for the reply! Hmmm - I haven't had a printer in years. I create, save, and view everything electronically. But I'll try submitting my entry on disk (saved as a .jpg). Thanks again for the reply! - Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the congrats. I don't think they're accepting email submissions this year. I'm sure if your design is postmarked by the deadline then there wouldn't be a problem because last year's rules were a little flexible about that. Sorry you don't have more time, but best of luck to you.

And yes, Duckwah, the contest is only for paint job design.