Check out the frame I just bought!

Jack-o

Feb 19, 2006
Just got this frame the other day. It's been all around the world and was used to win the World Cup Keirin and raced at World championships and Commonwealth Games. Pretty cool huh?

Josiah is a terrific bloke too. Very friendly and chatty. It was nice to meet him.

I can't wait to build it up and ride it.

BTW anyone want to buy my Bianchi Pista D2 50x53cm ???

Jack-o said:
Just got this frame the other day. It's been all around the world and was used to win the World Cup Keirin and raced at World championships and Commonwealth Games. Pretty cool huh?

Josiah is a terrific bloke too. Very friendly and chatty. It was nice to meet him.

I can't wait to build it up and ride it.

BTW anyone want to buy my Bianchi Pista D2 50x53cm ???
WOW!! I have a Specialized carbon road bike and the Pista concept. I know there is lots of guys that think steel is real and all that, but I want a carbon pista. Have you seen the bianchi D2 carbon?

Billsworld said:
Have you seen the bianchi D2 carbon?
Hi Bill, greetings from downunder....have you started saving for your plane ticket to Sydney yet?

I saw the D2 Pista Carbon last week at a showing of the new Bianchi range. It was displayed as a frame only and I was amazed at how light it was.....which makes me worry. Is it stiff enough? (especially for gorillas like you!)

As a contrast, I picked up the Bridgestone from Josiah about an hour later and was surprised at how heavy it was. They are reported to be very stiff though.

Interestingly, Josiah made note that his new BT Stealth was even heavier!

The Bianchi Carbon looked extremely nice...except, because it doubles as a road time trial frame (when they build it with road dropouts) it has odd little bumps where bidon bolts would normally be, and an ugly recess where the front deraileur hanger would be.

I would think that the Bianchi Carbon is more of a points/pursuit type frame...but I'm only guessing going by the weight.

Just finished building up the Bridgestone but am yet to ride it, can't wait!
Jack-o

Built and ridden (on the road...we aint got no track).

Very stiff. steers nice. fits perfect. Very happy.

Jack-o said:
Built and ridden (on the road...we aint got no track).

Very stiff. steers nice. fits perfect. Very happy.

Very nice. I saw NG riding it in L.A. a few weeks ago w/ the Aussies.

I've had a few Bridgestones in the past, but they've all been auto tires :p

I had my Bianchi with zipps on the other day. The BT was nexxt to it and my bike felt like a feather. I havnt weighed it but my guess is that its under 14 pounds........................ As far as flying to Au, I have to improve alot before I do that. I can get my butt kicked here without that LONG flight..................... I rode a nice wood 250 the other day however. It was the first time I was able to get all or most of my power to the track and felt like I was flying. Still stink in a 333 though