check this web site out

I've worked in 3 different Ford dealerships in my time. Seen worse.

It's a combination of bad management and FoMoCo dictating what the dealers can and cannot do.
90% of the cars that go through those places are fleet... it's always unfortunate when privately owned stuff turns up as it's treated in the same way as the fleet stuff... "Box it up, **** it off" (read - order something from Ford and get rid of it)
A lot of dealerships are on performance bonuses too.

flipper said:
:eek:

F.O.R.D. Found On Rubbish Dumps

Don't worry, I'm prejudiced against Holden as well.

Don't worry, I'm prejudiced against Holden as well.
Me too! :)
H.O.L.D.E.N. Heaps Of Loud Disturbing Engine Noise

Both are pretty average, but having worked on both over quite a few years, and despite Leo's mates story, Ford do put a car together better than Holden.

flipper said:
Both are pretty average, but having worked on both over quite a few years, and despite Leo's mates story, Ford do put a car together better than Holden.
really? Ha! :). When I was buying my EBII in 1995, the Holdens of similar age were all 2k to 3k more expensive, and i was told that's because they are better cars. Then when I complained about my whining transmission, I was told that Holdens don't do that because they're better cars. Then when I complained about my oil leaks I was was told Holdens don't leak oil because they are better cars. After more than 10 years of this i was starting to believe it all :)

flipper said:

It's a combination of bad management and FoMoCo dictating what the dealers can and cannot do.
90% of the cars that go through those places are fleet... it's always unfortunate when privately owned stuff turns up as it's treated in the same way as the fleet stuff... "Box it up, **** it off" (read - order something from Ford and get rid of it)
A lot of dealerships are on performance bonuses too.
hes lucky he didnt buy one of the first ea falcons. Done a few years in dealer ships myself here in WA, country& metro :)

cyclist2 said:
hes lucky he didnt buy one of the first ea falcons. Done a few years in dealer ships myself here in WA, country& metro :)
lol. I used to know a Ford engineer who said the same thing.

Yeah, I was with Ford when EA's came out. Kept us pretty busy with the recalls... gawd what a piece o' shite those things were.

cmon , everyone knows that dealerships are a rip off and dont do a propper job ( no offence intended to those who work there) its not the workers fault, but the big dealership mentality.

kinda hard tho when its warranty work!

flipper said:
Yeah, I was with Ford when EA's came out. Kept us pretty busy with the recalls... gawd what a piece o' shite those things were.
Trevor Dell understood the probs though his hans were tied,if there wasnt 1000's of cars with a problem they didnt want to know. Yeah if they wernt pi55ing oil out of the rear main soon after purchase or over heating because louegie didnt bleed the cooling system correctly, rebuilt at least 6 engines because customers drove them till they stopped: eg spark plug holders melted to the rocker cover, or the trim falling off before your eyes.The multi points were quick though, up to arround 200kmh got about 180kmh out of a twin piont.The vn v6 dunny doors were quicker off the mark though the falcons got the legs.Sump oil leaks were caused allot because the shape of the sumps. Remember the unadjustable camber on the falcon suspension,arrr more drama, when dealer ships were charging 70bucks an hour and the techies getting 17 bucks an hour it was time to pull the plug. Had the offer to be a sevice manager, I couldnt ******** enough to cover my ass.The japs were turnnig out a decently finished product.