checked wheel bag on plane?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andre, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Anyone successfully checked a soft wheel bag on a plane? The
    bag meets the 62 inch limit, but I'm concerned about
    padding. Thanks.

    --
    --------------------------
    Andre Charlebois AGC-PC support http://agc-pc.tripod.com

    Tags:

  2. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    Pygmy Pocket Wheel bags work for me.
    http://www.pygmypack.com/
    Take QR out and plug in some plastic transport "plugs" in the axle ends.
    I have also used a padded dual wheel bag I got fro the USPS Masters Team with good results.
    Make sure to let some air out of the tires.

  3. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Anyone successfully checked a soft wheel bag on a plane?
    >The bag meets the 62 inch limit, but I'm concerned about
    >padding. Thanks.

    Which raises the idle question: anybody know what the max
    non-oversize dimensions are for airline baggage? Been
    looking at my Ellsworth Isis and thinking: "Hmmmm, main
    frame/pivot arm/wheels....not that big individually.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > RE/
    >>Anyone successfully checked a soft wheel bag on a plane?
    >>The bag meets the 62 inch limit, but I'm concerned about
    >>padding. Thanks.
    >
    > Which raises the idle question: anybody know what the max
    > non-oversize dimensions are for airline baggage? Been
    > looking at my Ellsworth Isis and thinking: "Hmmmm, main
    > frame/pivot arm/wheels....not that big individually.

    62 linear inches .. eg, 26" x 26" x 10" = 62 and is good.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]