Cheeky Gits!

marc

Guest
I had an email afew months ago about volunteering to marshal the TdF ,
and i fancied the idea, it asked for experience and qualifications, so I
applied..
I have been a motorsport marshal for 30 yrs
I have a current FA ticket,
I have been trained in crowd control ,
I have been a stage safety officer fro 5 years on a World Rally
Championship stage
I speak French
I Speak Dutch
I speak bad german.

I received a reply today
They want me to attend a training day.... OK i thought they are just
covering themselves, then I read on...

The training day is in either London or Kent, ( The majority of the UK
like me lives in neither of those places) if I attend I may still not be
selected!

How much volunteer time do these people want for their money?
Considerign of course that they aren't paying any money!

"marc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I had an email afew months ago about volunteering to marshal the TdF , and
>i fancied the idea, it asked for experience and qualifications, so I
>applied..
> I have been a motorsport marshal for 30 yrs
> I have a current FA ticket,
> I have been trained in crowd control ,
> I have been a stage safety officer fro 5 years on a World Rally
> Championship stage
> I speak French
> I Speak Dutch
> I speak bad german.
>
> I received a reply today
> They want me to attend a training day.... OK i thought they are just
> covering themselves, then I read on...
>
> The training day is in either London or Kent, ( The majority of the UK
> like me lives in neither of those places) if I attend I may still not be
> selected!
>
> How much volunteer time do these people want for their money?
> Considerign of course that they aren't paying any money!

Be a spectator, enjoy the day - and never mind them.
Oh!
Please send me (off list) your email address - I might want a bit of
translation!
John