Cheese?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Arawak, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to be
    3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it probably taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of
    cheese, is fat, how can you have no fat? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking dishes,
    grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches you're after
    though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.

    however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing or not bother - and it's SO
    bad.......*grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Arawak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to be
    > 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it
    probably
    > taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of cheese, is fat, how can you have no fat? Thanks.

  3. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Arawak wrote:

    > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to be
    > 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it probably taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of
    > cheese, is fat, how can you have no fat? Thanks.

    It does! YEKK! Ok for cooking into things if you get desparate. Sounds hard, but just get used to
    eating less cheese, or cheese less often! :( I still miss it...

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Yes, ditto what Krys said. The WW cheese is okay if well disguised but it's rather dire on its own
    or as a toastie. On the other hand, light versions of mozzarella I've tried have been lovely on
    pizza and they are lower in fat and calories than cheddar. You might want to give that a go for
    melting or salads.

    Cheers, Petal

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking dishes,
    > grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches you're
    > after though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.
    >
    > however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing or not bother - and it's
    > SO bad.......*grin*
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    > progress.
    >
    > "Arawak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to
    > > be 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it
    > probably
    > > taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of cheese, is fat, how
    can
    > > you have no fat? Thanks.

  5. Krys

    Krys Guest

    ooh - there's an aubergine bake thing with mozzarella in that I love - thanks for reminding me, I
    must make it again soon! to get a really cheesey taste, just a little grated parmesan on top of
    things - as it's so strong - usually does the trick.

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, ditto what Krys said. The WW cheese is okay if well disguised but
    it's
    > rather dire on its own or as a toastie. On the other hand, light versions
    of
    > mozzarella I've tried have been lovely on pizza and they are lower in fat and calories than
    > cheddar. You might want to give that a go for melting or salads.
    >
    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking
    > > dishes, grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches
    > > you're after though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.
    > >
    > > however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing
    or
    > > not bother - and it's SO bad.......*grin*
    > >
    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    > > progress.
    > >
    > > "Arawak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims
    > > > to be 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it
    > > probably
    > > > taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of cheese, is fat, how
    > can
    > > > you have no fat? Thanks.

  6. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Could you please post the recipe? I loooove cheese and aubergines are lovely.

    Cheers, Petal