Cheese?

Arawak

Guest
Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to be
3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it probably taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of
cheese, is fat, how can you have no fat? Thanks.

if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking dishes,
grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches you're after
though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.

however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing or not bother - and it's SO
bad.......*grin*

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

news:[email protected]...

Arawak wrote:

> Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to be
> 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it probably taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of
> cheese, is fat, how can you have no fat? Thanks.

It does! YEKK! Ok for cooking into things if you get desparate. Sounds hard, but just get used to
eating less cheese, or cheese less often! :( I still miss it...

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Yes, ditto what Krys said. The WW cheese is okay if well disguised but it's rather dire on its own
or as a toastie. On the other hand, light versions of mozzarella I've tried have been lovely on
pizza and they are lower in fat and calories than cheddar. You might want to give that a go for
melting or salads.

Cheers, Petal

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking dishes,
> grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches you're
> after though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.
>
> however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing or not bother - and it's
> SO bad.......*grin*
>
> --
> krys
>
> UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
> progress.
>
> "Arawak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims to
> > be 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it
> probably
> > taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of cheese, is fat, how
can
> > you have no fat? Thanks.

ooh - there's an aubergine bake thing with mozzarella in that I love - thanks for reminding me, I
must make it again soon! to get a really cheesey taste, just a little grated parmesan on top of
things - as it's so strong - usually does the trick.

--
krys

UK 157/133.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Petal" <mrsdoyles_teapot@#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes, ditto what Krys said. The WW cheese is okay if well disguised but
it's
> rather dire on its own or as a toastie. On the other hand, light versions
of
> mozzarella I've tried have been lovely on pizza and they are lower in fat and calories than
> cheddar. You might want to give that a go for melting or salads.
>
> Cheers, Petal
>
> "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > if you get the stronger flavoured cheddar, it ain't too bad for adding flavour to cooking
> > dishes, grating on the top of things etc. it's not really up to much if it's cheese sandwiches
> > you're after though..... Tesco's do a low fat cheddar which I like a little better.
> >
> > however, when it comes to cheese, i'd really rather have the real thing
or
> > not bother - and it's SO bad.......*grin*
> >
> > --
> > krys
> >
> > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
> > progress.
> >
> > "Arawak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi. Has anyone in UK tried WW cheese? It's just I've seen this WW Mature Cheddar that claims
> > > to be 3% fat... I think... but I'm thinking it
> > probably
> > > taste's disgusting. After all, the whole base of cheese, is fat, how
> can
> > > you have no fat? Thanks.

Could you please post the recipe? I loooove cheese and aubergines are lovely.