chelation therapy

Angel

Guest
Here we go again since it seems that it's been a while since we rehashed the use of edta for a self
administered program oral chelation.Does anybody have first hand experience of initial dosage levels
and the use of the disodium form and free acid. Any side effects?...thanks , angel

"angel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here we go again since it seems that it's been a while since we rehashed the use of edta for a
> self administered program oral chelation.Does anybody have first hand experience of initial dosage
> levels and the use of the disodium form and free acid. Any side effects?...thanks , angel

No, it does not have any effects. The EDTA does not get absorbed, so all it does is hang on to the
calcium until you **** it out.

More information about chelation therapy is here:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html.

Jeff

>Subject: Re: chelation therapy From: "Jeff" [email protected] Date: 11/13/2003 6:02 AM
>Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>

>"angel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Here we go again since it seems that it's been a while since we rehashed the use of edta for a
>> self administered program oral chelation.Does anybody have first hand experience of initial
>> dosage levels and the use of the disodium form and free acid. Any side effects?...thanks , angel
>
>No, it does not have any effects. The EDTA does not get absorbed, so all it does is hang on to the
>calcium until you **** it out.
>
>More information about chelation therapy is here:
>http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html.
>
>Jeff

I would take anything this poster says with a grain of salt.

He knows nothing of chelation ..

He fully admits he knows nothing of the use of chelating drugs in cancer .. and then comes onto this
post acting as IF he DOES actually know something about chelators ..

He is stupid .. and doesn't REALLY give a **** that you are genuinely interested in the issue ..

There are MANY doctors using chelation therapy ..

Doctors using chelation therapy ..

http://www.chelationforlife.com/Studies/Default.htm

Who loves ya. Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

"doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: chelation therapy From: "Jeff" [email protected] Date: 11/13/2003 6:02 AM
> >Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >

> >"angel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Here we go again since it seems that it's been a while since we rehashed the use of edta for a
> >> self administered program oral chelation.Does anybody have first hand experience of initial
> >> dosage levels and the use of the disodium form and free acid. Any side effects?...thanks ,
> >> angel
> >
> >No, it does not have any effects. The EDTA does not get absorbed, so all
it
> >does is hang on to the calcium until you **** it out.
> >
> >More information about chelation therapy is here:
> >http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html.
> >
> >Jeff
>
> I would take anything this poster says with a grain of salt.
>
> He knows nothing of chelation ..
>
> He fully admits he knows nothing of the use of chelating drugs in cancer
.. and
> then comes onto this post acting as IF he DOES actually know something
about
> chelators ..
>
> He is stupid .. and doesn't REALLY give a **** that you are genuinely interested in the issue ..
>
> There are MANY doctors using chelation therapy ..
>
> Doctors using chelation therapy ..

It is not oral but IV, oral does nothing.

> http://www.chelationforlife.com/Studies/Default.htm
>
> Who loves ya. Tom
>
> Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
> http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

"doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: chelation therapy From: "Jeff" [email protected] Date: 11/13/2003 6:02 AM
> >Mountain Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >

> >"angel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Here we go again since it seems that it's been a while since we rehashed the use of edta for a
> >> self administered program oral chelation.Does anybody have first hand experience of initial
> >> dosage levels and the use of the disodium form and free acid. Any side effects?...thanks ,
> >> angel
> >
> >No, it does not have any effects. The EDTA does not get absorbed, so all
it
> >does is hang on to the calcium until you **** it out.
> >
> >More information about chelation therapy is here:
> >http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html.
> >
> >Jeff
>
> I would take anything this poster says with a grain of salt.

I would take anything any poster does with a grain of salt (except people like Doe -- you should
take a truck load with him).

> He knows nothing of chelation ..

I understand the conjecture about chelation quite well.

> He fully admits he knows nothing of the use of chelating drugs in cancer
.. and
> then comes onto this post acting as IF he DOES actually know something
about
> chelators ..

Really? When did I ever say I know nothing about the use of chelating drugs in cancer? Because I do
not beleive that they work (and there is no evidence that they work in humans) does not mean I don't
know about the use of chelating drugs in cancer.

I know about the use of matches in gasoline tanks, but that does not mean that I would light a match
in a gasoline tank, either.

> He is stupid .. and doesn't REALLY give a **** that you are genuinely interested in the issue ..

Actually, I do care that you are geunuinely interested in this issue.

And the evidence is that:

1) Chelators don't work to prevent cancer or detoxify.
2) For EDTA to work, it must get into the blood stream. And for that to happen, it must be used IV
becuase it is not absorbed.

> There are MANY doctors using chelation therapy ..

And there are many doctors out there who don't know what they are doing. Or worse, they do know what
they are doing, but they are doing chelation for the money. The fact is that there is no good
evidence that chelation works.

> Doctors using chelation therapy ..
>
> http://www.chelationforlife.com/Studies/Default.htm

It seems impressive until you realize that the articles are all old and have major flaws, like very
few subjects or a just a bad design. Being that this is the best you can do speaks loudly to how
poor the science is backing chelation.

> Who loves ya. Tom

> Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Except when he made fish for thousands of people.

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I would take anything any poster does with a grain of salt (except people like Doe -- you should
> take a truck load with him).

Agree, I was referring to heavy metal detox use such as lead where chelation is used. Urine levels
are used to follow effective use.

"Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I would take anything any poster does with a grain of salt (except
people
> > like Doe -- you should take a truck load with him).
>
> Agree, I was referring to heavy metal detox use such as lead where
chelation
> is used. Urine levels are used to follow effective use.

I know. But heavy metal detox is one specific area where chelation has been shown to be somewhat
effective (unfortunately, the chelation is not very good at removing lead from bones and the
children, as far as I know, don't have much long-term intellectual benefit from the chelation form
lead poisoning). So, even in this case, chelation is helpful, but doesn't cure.

Jeff

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:42:47 -0800, "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Agree, I was referring to heavy metal detox use such as lead where chelation is used. Urine levels
>are used to follow effective use.

Penicillamine is also used for chelation of lead and other heavy metals, but is also very toxic. So
it must be used with extreme care, in a hospital.

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > I would take anything any poster does with a grain of salt (except
> people
> > > like Doe -- you should take a truck load with him).
> >
> > Agree, I was referring to heavy metal detox use such as lead where
> chelation
> > is used. Urine levels are used to follow effective use.
>
> I know. But heavy metal detox is one specific area where chelation has
been
> shown to be somewhat effective (unfortunately, the chelation is not very good at removing lead
> from bones and the children, as far as I know, don't have much long-term intellectual benefit from
> the chelation form lead poisoning). So, even in this case, chelation is helpful, but doesn't cure.
>
> Jeff

Options are very limited as one tries to get the job done.