UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cheltenham Pedersen help sought

Started by Albert Ross · · Last activity · 5 posts · 566 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
27 April 2008
Last activity
28 April 2008
Original author
Albert Ross
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
566
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
    who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
    form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
    the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
    restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
    that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
    saddle-springs.

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
    who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

  2. "Albert Ross" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
    who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
    form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
    the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
    restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
    that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
    saddle-springs.

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
    who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

    Argos in Bristol have a good reputation.

  3. Albert Ross said:

    Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
    who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
    form other bike businesses?

    Last time I delved, I think I turned up a company somewhere that the
    man behind Individual Bicycles was running. If memory serves it is
    some kind of design company.

    <wanders over to other computer, pokes around in mail box>

    Ah. <www.individualprojects.co.uk>

    I emailed him about getting a replacement head tube decal but didn't
    get a response.

    Quoted message said:

    Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
    the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
    restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
    that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
    saddle-springs.

    If you've got the old one, perhaps a small metalworking firm could
    help? Or the DT department at your local school?

    Quoted message said:


    Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
    who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

    No idea, sorry.

    --

    Tim

    I understand very little of what's being discussed
    but for some reason it's fascinating.

    (Jon Thompson, urs)

  4. vernon said:

    "Albert Ross" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
    who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
    form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
    the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
    restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
    that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
    saddle-springs.

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
    who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

    Argos in Bristol have a good reputation.


    Thanks. I spoke to them and they have recently repaired a Pedersen,
    oddly enough with a similar fault to mine.

  5. Tim Hall said:
    Albert Ross said:

    Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
    who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
    form other bike businesses?

    Last time I delved, I think I turned up a company somewhere that the
    man behind Individual Bicycles was running. If memory serves it is
    some kind of design company.

    <wanders over to other computer, pokes around in mail box>

    Ah. <www.individualprojects.co.uk>


    Thanks for that, I had forgotten his surname. He has been good enough to
    reply to my email, although he is unable to help.

    Quoted message said:

    I emailed him about getting a replacement head tube decal but didn't
    get a response.

    Mine will have to be peeled off if I'm sending the frame to Argos for
    repairs. If I'm careful I might have a good enough decal to use for copies.

    I was thinking about enameling a badge for my bike, instead of the
    decal. I'll ask him if he has any objections to my replicating the logo.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
    the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
    restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
    that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
    saddle-springs.

    If you've got the old one, perhaps a small metalworking firm could
    help? Or the DT department at your local school?

    Quoted message said:

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
    who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

    No idea, sorry.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.