Cheltenham Pedersen help sought

Albert Ross

Guest
Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
saddle-springs.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

"Albert Ross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
> who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
> form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
> the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
> restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
> that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
> saddle-springs.
>
> Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
> who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

Argos in Bristol have a good reputation.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:09:40 +0100, Albert Ross
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
>who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
>form other bike businesses?

Last time I delved, I think I turned up a company somewhere that the
man behind Individual Bicycles was running. If memory serves it is
some kind of design company.

<wanders over to other computer, pokes around in mail box>

Ah. <www.individualprojects.co.uk>

I emailed him about getting a replacement head tube decal but didn't
get a response.

>Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
>the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
>restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
>that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
>saddle-springs.

If you've got the old one, perhaps a small metalworking firm could
help? Or the DT department at your local school?

>Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
>who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

No idea, sorry.

--

Tim

I understand very little of what's being discussed
but for some reason it's fascinating.

(Jon Thompson, urs)

vernon wrote:
> "Albert Ross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
>> who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
>> form other bike businesses? Did anybody buy up the remaining stock when
>> the company went into receivership? I am trying to buy some spares to
>> restore mine. Specifically, I need a replacement saddle-post assembly
>> that slides into the twin seat tubes and has the anchor position for the
>> saddle-springs.
>>
>> Alternatively, can anyone recommend a frame-builder in the Westcountry
>> who would know about the bike and could do some repairs?

> Argos in Bristol have a good reputation.

Thanks. I spoke to them and they have recently repaired a Pedersen,
oddly enough with a similar fault to mine.

Tim Hall wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:09:40 +0100, Albert Ross
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know what happened to the people from Individual Bicycles
>> who made the Cheltenham Pedersen in 1985/6? Did any of them go on to
>> form other bike businesses?

> Last time I delved, I think I turned up a company somewhere that the
> man behind Individual Bicycles was running. If memory serves it is
> some kind of design company.
>
> <wanders over to other computer, pokes around in mail box>
>
> Ah. <www.individualprojects.co.uk>

Thanks for that, I had forgotten his surname. He has been good enough to
reply to my email, although he is unable to help.

> I emailed him about getting a replacement head tube decal but didn't
> get a response.

Mine will have to be peeled off if I'm sending the frame to Argos for
repairs. If I'm careful I might have a good enough decal to use for copies.

I was thinking about enameling a badge for my bike, instead of the
decal. I'll ask him if he has any objections to my replicating the logo.