Cherry Pie results 2001

Rcpinto

Guest
Someone (John?) asked about the results the year Rob English raced and had a 26MPH average, here are
the official results from 2001...

HPV, 8 riders 1 1-day Rob English Yellow Bike 2 1-day Bruce DeBell Eagle Cycling Club 3 1-day Steve
Delaire Rotator 4 1-day Orin MacQuarrie Rotator 5 1-day Whelan Gilkerson Team Windwrap 6 1-day Derek
Fridley Yellow Bike 7 1-day Mark Mueller Team Windwrap 8 1-day Ken Cordy Team Windwrap

Rich

S. Delaire \"Ro

Guest
RCPINTO wrote:

> Someone (John?) asked about the results the year Rob English raced and had a 26MPH average,
> here are the official results from 2001...
>
> HPV, 8 riders 1 1-day Rob English Yellow Bike 2 1-day Bruce DeBell Eagle Cycling Club 3 1-day
> Steve Delaire Rotator

Salvaged a first lap broken bike and half lap behind for a third. Things could be worse! Speedy

> 4 1-day Orin MacQuarrie Rotator 5 1-day Whelan Gilkerson Team Windwrap 6 1-day Derek Fridley
> Yellow Bike 7 1-day Mark Mueller Team Windwrap 8 1-day Ken Cordy Team Windwrap
>
> Rich

Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Derek

Guest
If I recall correctly, that was not a good racing day for you Steve. I remember watching from behind
as your Pursuit's bodysock came apart and flew up into your face on the first lap. You handled the
situation well and got back in the race like a trooper, but the bodysock was in tatters. There were
no streamliners on the course that day, and very few unfaired bikes. I remember trying pretty hard
to catch Whelan on his socked Ti Pursuit. I thought I was going to squeeze him out at the finish,
but didn't have the legs when the final lap came.

Rob was a very gentlemanly racer, and seemed to pretty much dominate that race as I recall. We will
never know if he would have picked up the pace in response and ridden faster if there was a
streamliner on the course that day. Would have made for an interesting race. . .

For those interested in this saga of HPV racing lore, here is a picture of the bike he was riding
(without tailbox) http://rob.bikerevuk.com/baron.html

According to Rob, he lapped the field twice on his Baron
http://www.foldableflyer.com/peopledo/pdtwo.html I stopped counting the third time he went by. . . .

Regards, Derek

news:[email protected]...