Cherry Pie results 2001

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rcpinto, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Rcpinto

    Rcpinto Guest

    Someone (John?) asked about the results the year Rob English raced and had a 26MPH average, here are
    the official results from 2001...

    HPV, 8 riders 1 1-day Rob English Yellow Bike 2 1-day Bruce DeBell Eagle Cycling Club 3 1-day Steve
    Delaire Rotator 4 1-day Orin MacQuarrie Rotator 5 1-day Whelan Gilkerson Team Windwrap 6 1-day Derek
    Fridley Yellow Bike 7 1-day Mark Mueller Team Windwrap 8 1-day Ken Cordy Team Windwrap

    Rich

    Tags:

  2. RCPINTO wrote:

    > Someone (John?) asked about the results the year Rob English raced and had a 26MPH average,
    > here are the official results from 2001...
    >
    > HPV, 8 riders 1 1-day Rob English Yellow Bike 2 1-day Bruce DeBell Eagle Cycling Club 3 1-day
    > Steve Delaire Rotator

    Salvaged a first lap broken bike and half lap behind for a third. Things could be worse! Speedy

    > 4 1-day Orin MacQuarrie Rotator 5 1-day Whelan Gilkerson Team Windwrap 6 1-day Derek Fridley
    > Yellow Bike 7 1-day Mark Mueller Team Windwrap 8 1-day Ken Cordy Team Windwrap
    >
    > Rich

    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  3. Derek

    Derek Guest

    If I recall correctly, that was not a good racing day for you Steve. I remember watching from behind
    as your Pursuit's bodysock came apart and flew up into your face on the first lap. You handled the
    situation well and got back in the race like a trooper, but the bodysock was in tatters. There were
    no streamliners on the course that day, and very few unfaired bikes. I remember trying pretty hard
    to catch Whelan on his socked Ti Pursuit. I thought I was going to squeeze him out at the finish,
    but didn't have the legs when the final lap came.

    Rob was a very gentlemanly racer, and seemed to pretty much dominate that race as I recall. We will
    never know if he would have picked up the pace in response and ridden faster if there was a
    streamliner on the course that day. Would have made for an interesting race. . .

    For those interested in this saga of HPV racing lore, here is a picture of the bike he was riding
    (without tailbox) http://rob.bikerevuk.com/baron.html

    According to Rob, he lapped the field twice on his Baron
    http://www.foldableflyer.com/peopledo/pdtwo.html I stopped counting the third time he went by. . . .

    Regards, Derek

    news:[email protected]...