Cheshire cafe stops???

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave Chadderton, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Just returned from a club run into glorious Cheshire, great day, great ride. The only problem was
    our cafe stop that struggled to cope with the 18 riders that we took, so we are looking for any
    alternatives. I had a thought on the way home that you lot must be having the same problem of going
    to the same cafes every week, and this might just be the place to share information. I know that not
    many of you will be going in a group of a similar size and I must admit it is a little unusual for
    us also, but if we all share the details of our favourite cafes we can broaden our horizons a
    little. Cyclists being cyclists I am sure you must have sussed out all the best feeding holes so
    come on share them with the rest of us.

    Tags:

  2. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Dave Chadderton wrote:

    > Just returned from a club run into glorious Cheshire, great day, great ride. The only problem was
    > our cafe stop that struggled to cope with the 18 riders that we took, so we are looking for any
    > alternatives.

    Not sure about the numbers, but we liked the breakfasts in the garden centre in a small village just
    a few miles south...um...is that any help? It was generally quite quiet on a Sunday morning and
    there were often some other cyclists in.

    James

  3. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    James Annan wrote:

    > Dave Chadderton wrote:
    >
    >> Just returned from a club run into glorious Cheshire, great day, great ride. The only problem was
    >> our cafe stop that struggled to cope with the 18 riders that we took, so we are looking for any
    >> alternatives.
    >

    > Not sure about the numbers, but we liked the breakfasts in the garden centre in a small village
    > just a few miles south...um...is that any help?

    multimap suggests it could be in Rosset or Lavister...

    James

  4. James Annan <[email protected]> wrote:

    > James Annan wrote:
    >
    > > Dave Chadderton wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just returned from a club run into glorious Cheshire, great day, great ride. The only problem
    > >> was our cafe stop that struggled to cope with the 18 riders that we took, so we are looking for
    > >> any alternatives.
    > >

    > > Not sure about the numbers, but we liked the breakfasts in the garden centre in a small village
    > > just a few miles south...um...is that any help?
    >
    > multimap suggests it could be in Rosset or Lavister...

    Sorry to break it to you James, but the garden centre at Lavister closed last summer. Holt garden
    centre has a reasonable cafe, that's not much further.

    To the OP, Cheshire is quite a large county, from Wirral to Farndon, to Malpas to Nantwich to
    Macclesfield to Stockport to Frodsham. What areas are you looking to ride in.

  5. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Andrew Templeman wrote:

    > Sorry to break it to you James, but the garden centre at Lavister closed last summer.

    Well that's settled it then - we're definitely not coming back!

    James