Chevy Tahoe is the Green Car of the Year

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Bro Deal, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Yup. The LA Auto Show named a gas guzzling tank the size of a small apartment the green car of the year. No word yet on the size of the bribe GM must have paid. Apparently the monstrosity is green because a marketing team at GM put the word "hybrid" on the product. Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. :confused: We will probably see an H2 Hybrid next.

Tags:

2. 9202

9202 New Member

In the construction industry we call it "Green Washing". There are many material supplier who claim their product to meet certain levels of LEED Certification when in fact they don't. The concept is admirable, but the all mighty dollar is corrupting the effort.

3. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...the green car of the year? as opposed to the blue or red car of the year?...

4. velo711

velo711 New Member

What a farce! Calling that thing environmentaly friendly is the same as calling
    Josef Stalin a humanitarian.

5. ClemmonsHoo

ClemmonsHoo New Member

Have you seen their latest commercial? It shows a guy pulling into a gas station in his GMC Hybrid Yukon XL, and then realizing he doesn't need any gas. The narrator says something like "Even gas pumps are now afraid of us". GM is getting everything they deserve, and so are the people who spent $40K on one of those god-awful behemoths.

6. Biker Joe

Biker Joe New Member

I know several families with lots of children who need large vehicles in order to deal with their lives. That is one of most arrogant, self serving and inane comments I have ever heard.

7. ClemmonsHoo

ClemmonsHoo New Member

And I know lots of people with lots of children, including my parents, who got along fine without a driveway full of land yachts. I know even more people without kids, or just 1 or 2, that drive these things around, mostly using them to commute to work by themselves from their quaint suburbs. I don't doubt that they're more practical for some folks, but they're the minority of most large SUV owners. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the time you see one out on the road there will only be one person in it, the driver. And when you see him/her wave and thank them for contributing to the increase in fuel prices, because like it or not, they're using twice as much of it as someone in a sensible vehicle.

8. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Resale value of Tahoes and Yukons and such have dropped $10K since the first of the year. People are so upside down that they cannot trade them in to buy something more sensible. Karma's a bitch. :D

9. ndbiker

ndbiker New Member

Chevy could claim their greenest by giving every buyer the "Al Gore" deal. They pay for 5 years worth of "CARBON CREDITS" with every purchase. Since the Tahoe would require the most credits they could claim they are being the greenest. We'd use no less gas or pollute any less but at least it should assuage any guilt.