Chicago area LBS?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Roy Sinnamond, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I'm looking to test ride and get a fitting for a new touring bike.
    I've had a mountain bike for years (Cannondale F-400) but have not done
    anything but road and occasional limestone trail for a while now. I'm
    interested in trying out a couple of touring bikes like the Trek 520,
    Cannondale T-series, Jamis Aurora, etc. I'm figuring on pretty much
    exclusive road riding from now on. Getting too old for single-track :-(

    Can anyone suggest a local bike shop in Chicago or the SW suburbs? I'm
    relatively new to the area and would appreciate some advice.

    TIA

    --
    Roy Sinnamond
    roysinnamond at mac dot com

    Tags:

  2. Try the Bike Rack in St Charles.

    Chuck

    "Roy Sinnamond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking to test ride and get a fitting for a new touring bike.
    > I've had a mountain bike for years (Cannondale F-400) but have not done
    > anything but road and occasional limestone trail for a while now. I'm
    > interested in trying out a couple of touring bikes like the Trek 520,
    > Cannondale T-series, Jamis Aurora, etc. I'm figuring on pretty much
    > exclusive road riding from now on. Getting too old for single-track :-(
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a local bike shop in Chicago or the SW suburbs? I'm
    > relatively new to the area and would appreciate some advice.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > Roy Sinnamond
    > roysinnamond at mac dot com
    > "That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!"

  3. maxo

    maxo Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:22:10 -0500, Roy Sinnamond wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a local bike shop in Chicago or the SW suburbs? I'm
    > relatively new to the area and would appreciate some advice.

    For Touring and urban bikes, I LOVE Rapid Transit on North. Easy to get to
    on the Blue Line, just get off at the Wicker Park stop on Damen. and walk
    towards the lake on North.

    The service is exceptional, they even helped me recover a stolen bike
    once. Really really good guys.

    Tell'em high from Max.

    :D

  4. Bryanska

    Bryanska Guest

    If in Joliet or the surrounding area, Ski & Bike Chalet, on Route 52
    (Jefferson Street) just around where I-55 and I-80 meet, is a great
    place. It's been there for at least fifteen years, probably a lot
    longer.

    My family has bought about seven or eight bikes from the guy. I bought
    some weird small 10-speed when I was awkwardly pubescent, and a Trek
    720 hybrid which I proceeded to ride till it died.