Chicago-area Recumbent LBS

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jon Meinecke, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days next month and thought I might have a chance to see some
    'bents that shops near my home don't carry...

    Are there Chicago LBS that stock low-racers, semi-lows, and European models? The are two mentioned
    on the Optima Midwest distributor's website:

    Rapid Transit Cycleshop 1900 W. North Avenue Chicago, IL 60622 773-227-2288
    www.rapidtransitcycles.com

    Plank Road Cyclery 20 West Elwood Frankfort, IL 60423 815-469-3594 www.plankroadcyclery.com

    But neither of these list Optima on their websites.

    Jon

    Tags:

  2. AConst

    AConst Guest

    Try Bicycles Etc. They have stores in both Lisle and Aurora. I think the bents are mostly in Lisle.
    630-369-2453 www.bicyclesetc-il.com I bought a Vision from them a couple of years ago but they had
    other lines as well.

  3. "Jon Meinecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days next month and thought I might have a chance to see some
    > 'bents that shops near my home don't carry...
    >
    > Are there Chicago LBS that stock low-racers, semi-lows, and European models? The are two mentioned
    > on the Optima Midwest distributor's website:
    >
    > Rapid Transit Cycleshop 1900 W. North Avenue Chicago, IL 60622 773-227-2288
    > www.rapidtransitcycles.com
    >
    > Plank Road Cyclery 20 West Elwood Frankfort, IL 60423 815-469-3594 www.plankroadcyclery.com
    >
    > But neither of these list Optima on their websites.
    >
    > Jon

    Pla nk road cyclery had a baron in stock last time I rode by. And don't miss THE BIKE RACK in St.
    Charles (western subburbs) Great 'bent people with a wide selection. They even had an Aero, back in
    the winter.

    rich

  4. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Bicycles Etc is near my job and I stopped in the other day. They have Linears, BikeE2, Burley and a
    few Visions and an EX or two on the floor.

    The Bikerack in St. Charles is a good bent source too with some (several) Bacchettas, a Haluzak or
    two, BikeE, RANS, Easy Racers, EZ, Greenspeeds and Ice Trikes, and a few other Oz built 3 wheelers
    from time-to time. 630 584-6588.

    I think Mill Race Cyclery in Geneva has EZ and possibly Visions. "AConst" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Try Bicycles Etc. They have stores in both Lisle and Aurora. I think the bents are mostly in
    > Lisle. 630-369-2453 www.bicyclesetc-il.com I bought a Vision from them a couple of years ago but
    > they had other lines
    as
    > well.

  5. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    "harv" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Bicycles Etc is near my job and I stopped in the other day. They have Linears, BikeE2, Burley and
    > a few Visions and an EX or two on the floor.
    >
    > The Bikerack in St. Charles is a good bent source too with some (several) Bacchettas, a Haluzak or
    > two, BikeE, RANS, Easy Racers, EZ, Greenspeeds
    and
    > Ice Trikes, and a few other Oz built 3 wheelers from time-to time. 630 584-6588.

    Thanks Harv, Rich, and "Aconst" for the information. I'll call around when I'm in Chicago to see
    what the mentioned shops have in stock, especially, Plank Road Cyclery.

    It's interesting that both stores Harv mentioned still have BikeE models for sale. Last time I was
    in Dallas area Richardson Bike Mart (four months ago), they still had two or three new BikeEs, too.

    Jon Meinecke